ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hello from Worcester

Red 197 & Laguna S-T
Hi all, i'm Emily and i currently drive an MG TF, but i am considering selling it to buy a Clio 182 - hence my username being TF_182 :)

Any advice on buying a 182 would be very helpful as i'd probably buy it privately not through a dealer.

106 GTi
Welcome to CS - good to see someone else localish. Loads of info on the 182 so you will be in good stead for buying one.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
whats that big club in worcs by the river? with a cave downstairs?

Red 197 & Laguna S-T
Stourport, maybe thats what you mean? Thats not far away either, but the opposite direction to Rich in Tewkesbury.

Yes i must recognise the piccie from detailing world.

clio 1.8 16v
thats it! im workin there on mon! lol small world, i drive a mk1 valver! but will be in the van

106 GTi
Stourport, maybe thats what you mean? Thats not far away either, but the opposite direction to Rich in Tewkesbury.

That will be it, whats your user name over on DW?

What's the plans on finding a 182 any in mind, colours etc ?

Not been to Stourport in years.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
im in stourport most mondays very boring place tbh!! lol
oh and whats the name of that club its bugging me now, its not bushwakas

Red 197 & Laguna S-T

It's MG_TF (not very original). You will find my threas about buying a new car here...http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=60684

I've been to look at a 182 in Cheltenham, it was at a Ford dealer. I wouldn't buy it but just wanted to see what they were like inside and what they drove like. Had a test drive, was quite impressed by it but didn't feel i could test the performance of the car as i had the saleslady in the car too. The colours i like are blue, black and an orange colour. Sorry i have no idea on actual colour names (yet!) but you get the idea :) I have seen a nice low mileage orange 182 which both cup packs on, on autotrader which is located in Kidderminster. From looking at the pictures it looks well looked after at seems a good prive at £8100, but tell me if i'm wrong...

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I only ever end up in Tramps lol

yeah tramps lol thats it, classy joint that, 8k for a 182 must be an 05 plate i would save the money and get an 04 plate or if your gonna spend that money buy the trophy (ltd edition model)

106 GTi

It's MG_TF (not very original). You will find my threas about buying a new car here...http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=60684

I've been to look at a 182 in Cheltenham, it was at a Ford dealer. I wouldn't buy it but just wanted to see what they were like inside and what they drove like. Had a test drive, was quite impressed by it but didn't feel i could test the performance of the car as i had the saleslady in the car too. The colours i like are blue, black and an orange colour. Sorry i have no idea on actual colour names (yet!) but you get the idea :) I have seen a nice low mileage orange 182 which both cup packs on, on autotrader which is located in Kidderminster. From looking at the pictures it looks well looked after at seems a good prive at £8100, but tell me if i'm wrong...

Black will be Black Gold, the one to go for ;) But I am biased!

Blight Blue - Racing Blue, Mid Blue - Arctic Blue, Orange is Inferno

I test drove a demo from Hylton in Cheltenham before I ordered mine they seemed ok for me to 'test' it if you know what I mean.

yeah tramps lol thats it, classy joint that, 8k for a 182 must be an 05 plate i would save the money and get an 04 plate or if your gonna spend that money buy the trophy (ltd edition model)

You know me I am so Classy!

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
yeah hylton cheltenham are ok speak to the guy in glasses the rest are muppetts!!

Red 197 & Laguna S-T

I test drove a demo from Hylton in Cheltenham before I ordered mine they seemed ok for me to 'test' it if you know what I mean.

I'll just add i also like it in liquid yellow :)

This is the inferno orange i was talking about, actually on pistonheads not autotrader. What do you think? Good price? http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/401349.htm

106 GTi

I'll just add i also like it in liquid yellow :)

This is the inferno orange i was talking about, actually on pistonheads not autotrader. What do you think? Good price? http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/401349.htm

Is there any pics on the ad? I am useless with pricing and you will get a real mixed view of what cars are worth on here!

106 GTi
Just brittle flimsy plastic and cost over 100 quid to replace.

Lots where not fitted by the dealers from new as they would not go on and off the trucks with them on so where fitted as part of PDI hence way some are missing.

Red 197 & Laguna S-T
401349-1.jpg

401349-3.jpg

401349-5.jpg

Here's a few.

106 GTi
If you like the colour and it is localish worth a look. It is one of those colours that looks very different on a dull day compared to in the sun.

Red 197 & Laguna S-T
If you like the colour and it is localish worth a look. It is one of those colours that looks very different on a dull day compared to in the sun.

Don't you just hate dull days when you've got a sparkling car :(

I've never seen the colour in the 'flesh' so may be worth a look. I dunno... I'm still unsure whether to sell the MG or not... :rolleyes:

Confused as ever!!

106 GTi
First time I saw one was on a dull December day and I was not taken by it, does look better in the Sun. One to see in the flesh though.

Only you can make that decision, I have been mulling over to sell or keep mine for months but can't find anything as clean to replace it!

ValverInBits
welcome to cliosport!

get a clio, they are a good giggle and better than MGs any day of the week!

Laguna 2, Westfield
Orange is ace, i've got an Inferno FF, also work in Malvern and live in Hereford...
looks abit like a baked bean on dull days but in the sun its great, gold/yellow flake really comes out.

Orange is far rarer too than the common blue/black ;-)