ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Kangoo Trekka K4M-F4R

Kangoo Trekka 1.6
Hello frens,
Diogo the welder, from Warwickshire😊
Just flew to Scotland (proof) to buy a 2002 Kangoo 4x4 1.6 16v after years looking for one but it seems like the K4M is quite tired after the 7 hour drive (head sounds like a box of nails). There's plenty of oil but doesn't seem to be reaching the head for some reason. Girlfriend wasn't too impressed either😂 Will probably refurbish it but... been wondering how hard would it be to swap in something like an F4R into it? Can't seem find anyone who's done it and I wonder why. Would be a nice rally van😅
Done a few swaps on old BMWs but never on a Renault.
Also how compatible are both gearboxes? Would the 172/182 lump fit into the kangoo gearbox or would I need to swap the whole thing? Original ratios are crazy short.
Please indulge me😅 also if there is someone in the area that has done it before, I'd be glad to pop over.
Thanks guys❤

Attachments

• 20230213_085928.jpg
    20230213_085928.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 57

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
I've never seen under one but the k4m used a jb3 and f4r a jc5 and both were interchangeable with each other. I don't know what box the trekka uses given the 4wd but I would put bets on the f4r bolting straight to it. I'm sure the scenic rx4 was available with an f4r or maybe it was an f7r, and they are the same running gear

I wouldn't chase power with one though as I believe they are a fairly weak setup!

Kangoo 4x4 F4r 736
I did this swap in my 4x4 in 2013. Feel free to as if you are interested in sth. Last year I rebought the car after selling it 8-9 years ago.