ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hello world:)

Hi all, just found this board.

Ive a nice shiny clio 182, with the cup suspension. Outstanding car.

Just 2 minor problems - the ABS/Traction control warning lights come on from time to time. Restart the engine and its OK again. Second, the cruise control switch wont stay on.

Otherwise, no problems after 3,500 miles.

Its going back to the dealer to get it sorted, I wondered if these were common problems ?

Cheers, Colin.

Reasonable common problem the dash lights is down to a faulty brake sensor reading setup. There a Renault tech note out about them.

The cruise problem will (most likly) be interlinked with the above brake problem.

Cheers, they should be able to sort it then.

Another thing - what fuel is best. Ive been running it on ordinary unleaded as recommended by the dealer, but there is a sticker which says 98 only, which is really only Optimax. I cant get that without a 50 mile drive:(

Ive tried the Esso and BP high octand stuff which, I think, is only 97, and that seems to make no difference.

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255

Wotcha eldar ... welcome to CS :)

Personally Ive run with Optimax exlusively for ages and it does make a difference since (a) it hurts your wallet negatively but (b) it helps your MPG positively ;)

Optimax is the stuff then. I live in the middle of nowhere, so not much chance of getting it (nor Sainsburys, thats only 33 miles).

The plus side is no speed cameras:)

Colin.

Thanks for the welcome.

The 182 is brilliant, just needs a 6 speed box and another 40bhp for perfection:)

I have a bit to learn about them....

Audi A6 (S3 on order)

Quote: Originally posted by Loony on 02 February 2005

cruise i beleive is a dodgy switch that some cars seem to be plagued with.
^^^ its easy enough to fix though.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

The title of this thread reminds me of

10 PRINT "HELLO WORLD"
20 GOTO 10

Ziel Nurburgring

Welcome, optimax is the only one to use, yes the rattles come as standard, yes it usually happens around 3-4K revs, yes you should replace the tyres with the same Mich pilots, yes dealers on the whole arent that helpful, yes its one of the best cars on the road, yes fully synth oil is fine and finally yes the knocking you may get/might have under full boot in 1st is a mount that needs adjusting.

Ian

Welcome and make sure you get signed up to the club, come along to meets and get stickered up

What a welcome, and loads of excellent advice.

The Clio replaced a Impreza WRX, mildly tweaked to 250bhp. Nice car, but hideous expensive to run, and slightly disappointing. Looked at Mazda RX8, Audi TT, Impreza Sti and a couple of others, and didnt really like any of them enought to part with the cash. I looked at an M3, but out my price range. Only looked at the Clio at the last minute and thought Excellent. good, fun car and relatively cheap. Did a deal with the dealer and got the price I wanted. I made the right choice. It is more involving that the Scoob, and loads cheaper to run....

Live in West Cumbria - turn left at J36 on the M6, and keep going until you fall into the sea. Lots of narrow, windy roads and no speed cameras. These are the roads a small, powerful car loves - I expected problems with FWD, but experience little.

IT/Engineering by trade, ex biker and old fart. I dribble in my minced chicken, and laff about cheap insurance:)

No points on the licence (did I say no cameras round here...) and the car is black, cup spoilers/suspension and normally covered in mud.