ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

hello

Meg 225 Trophy 0482
hiya, im in the market for a mk2 red 172. i think they look ace in this colour!! i just wanted to know if there is any reliability issues with them? also, has anyone got any pictures of one lowered and what is the best thing to use to do this? would 17's catch if it was lowered?

Thanks, much appreciated!!

106 GTi
Welcome to CS.

I wish they had done the 182 in flame red as I really would have gone for it. Love that colour on the 172.

Do a search in the media area there are a few on here.

As for reliability issues there are a few issues that seem to be common for all 172/182 models, some suspension knocks/noise, leaking oil from top end, exhaust rattle, alarm and imobilizer issues, coolant temp sensor failure.

Meg 225 Trophy 0482
:dapprove: hmmm.... im sure if it was drove and looked after well then it would be fine. i think its just pot luck in the end! its definantly not gonna put me off! i love em! thanks for the welcome

Meg 225 Trophy 0482
cheers for the advice mate. im not sure if im gonna lower it or not to be honest, cos apparently they handle brilliant anyway, just like the look of a low car!!

PH1 Oddy, M140i
yo....welcome!

If your gonna change what is already the best handling hot hatch on the road then make sure you spare no expense and get it right. SOme coilovers and make make them adjustable if your gonna track day the car.

PH1 Oddy, M140i
Not cheap I know............but how sweet?!!

The important bit is just getting them fitted properly. There snothing worse than fixing something when its not broken and it brakes!!!

Meg 225 Trophy 0482
would that be the best make to get? i don't mind saving to get them. like i said, they are a fantastic car and i wouldn't want to ruin it by putting some sub standard rubbish on it! not thinking of track days for the car, would like to run at santa pod though! much abliged for the replies, cheers!!

PH1 Oddy, M140i
Like everything in life you'll get what you pay for! Suspension is no different. K-Tec do the best 'off the shelf' stuff for your clio but there not cheap. Look around and you'll prob get them cheaper.

They do however know there s**t and wont dick you around ever.