ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hello...

Hi i'm new to the site, i'm Dave, i'm 21 from Stoke-on-Trent and currently have a Saxo VTS which is my third Saxo so i enjoy my French hatches, it is up forsale at the moment.

I was originally going to buy a 197 but recently been thinking of saving the extra money and buy a 182 or 182 Trophy and doing a few subtle changes (liquid yellow if i choose a 182).

Reason i wanted a 197 is i think they look reasonably good and the extra gadgets etc... appeal to me (sad like that).

Then again i think the 182 looks a nicer car but less gadgets. I test drove a 182 a while back with the cup pack and really enjoyed the rewarding drive.

So all in all i will be having a good read over the next couple of months gathering as much info as possible on both and then making the plunge, soon as i have the car i will pay to be a member like i am on other forums.

Must say it's pleasant to see a godo forum which is well ran and not full of dross threads, good work and hope to hear/see a few of you in the near future.

Regards,
Dave :cool:

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
get the 182 if you want a poor mans 197 ;)

lol only kidding. both different beasts and both great cars.

welcome to the forum :D

133/225/CLS AMG
Welcome to the site mate!! :D

I'd say buy the 182 or if you're paying full Renault price for a 197, get a Megane 225 from a broker. lol

Cheers people, i've wanted a 182 for the past year or so and think it looks a lovely car but i also think this about the 197.

Really need to take them both out, i want reasonably good build quality as after having 3 Saxo's plenty of rattles and tin foil build quality gets annoying, i think this is what keeps me interested in the 197 thinking the build quality will be alot better.

Hmmm well i have a couple of months before i can seriously buy either so gives me plenty of time to learn about the cars and i'm in good stead then.

133/225/CLS AMG
They seem to have brought the 197s build quality bang up to date by comparison to the old shape.

But find a well looked after 182 and it won't disappoint. I did 14,500 in my old 172 and no rattles when I sold it. My missus Clio 182 is an 05 reg with just over 10k on the clock and thats rattle free too. :D

LY V6 with Recaros
If you like the saxo, then you will probably prefer the 182 to the 197 in terms of fun, I went from a vtr to the 182, and when I took the 197 for a test drive, it just didn't seem to have the same appeal. imo of course :) And the 182 still has lots of toys on it.

Chocolate Bar™
Hi dave! keep your eye out for the stoke meets, should be one coming up soon. Where abouts are your from, i was from biddulph, now i live in milton (as of last week lol). I'd go for the 182, 197's are still too expensive for what you get. I'd also wait for a liquid yellow/petrol blue one, as both are id colours and are stunning :)

Tangoed Works
Coming from a VTR to a 182 made sense to me. 182 has more toys than 197 for no extra money, although it may be worth trying both before you buy.

If your solely after build quality then get the 197, its bang up to date and makes the 182 feel like a dinosaur. Still when I tested the 197, compared to my 182 I disliked it. Throttle response felt dead.

Think this car has been designed to move forward with peoples expectations, ie; speed, comfort, looks, safety etc all in one.

I was looking for a Liquid Yellow 182 as i think it's a gorgeous colour. To be honest either is going be a step up from the Paxo in terms of build quality and well pretty much anything else.

Prices seem reasonable too and i have to say the 197 prices are steep.

I dont know if it's just me but i think the 197 is a bit more grown up and less of the fun factor car the 182 is (yet again without trying a 197 i can't say for sure).

Well i'll be browsing about and will ask questions in the right sections if needs be as im sure you lovely people will help :)

M

mini-valver

Wait for the 197 cup.
Also from stoke, as Middo said keep an eye on the meetings section....

MK4 Anni & MK5 Edt30
Welcome to the forum m8, u'll meet some.. ur.. interesting people here ;)

Where in Stoke are you from? Im leek way