ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELLO!

Renault Clio mk3
Hi i just wanted to say hello and just wondering what people think about Racechip XLR (A throttle tuning box) and fitted one to my 2010 Renault Clio 1.2 (its my first car so please don't judge)
and i feel a dramatic change in throttle response. i just wanted to know what people thought of them. :)

Reactions: Gus

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Welcome to the club mate.

Never really heard of them to give you an opinion tbf but 9/10 of those “tuning chips” are rubbish.

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Hi and welcome!
The general consensus of these types of tuning device isn’t great tbh.
Best to save your money for when you can afford a car that will be worthwhile modifying.
👋🏼

Renault Clio mk3
I was a bit worried when i brought it but i was surprised with the difference.
Im not saying your wrong at all Im sure some tuning chips are crap but i thought mine was alright but defiantly not getting a engine tuning chip.
also do you have any ideas what mods i can do for to my car eg: want to swap the exhaust out.
:)

Renault Clio mk3
Welcome to the club mate.

Never really heard of them to give you an opinion tbf but 9/10 of those “tuning chips” are rubbish.

Im not saying your wrong at all Im sure some tuning chips are crap but i thought mine was alright but defiantly not getting a engine tuning chip.
also do you have any ideas what mods i can do for to my car eg: want to swap the exhaust out.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
I’m guessing this is a first car? Don’t waste money making it “quick” or “meaty” because without several several thousands of pounds, it won’t be.

Enjoy the car for what it is and once you’ve got some experience under your belt, mainly for insurance purposes, get a cliosport. They’re cheap as chips.

Renault Clio mk3
I’m guessing this is a first car? Don’t waste money making it “quick” or “meaty” because without several several thousands of pounds, it won’t be.

Enjoy the car for what it is and once you’ve got some experience under your belt, mainly for insurance purposes, get a cliosport. They’re cheap as chips.
I’m definitely not trying to make it quick i mean it’s only a 1.2 😂 I just do mods because I enjoy doing that sort of thing btw I’m not getting defensive if that’s how is coming across if it is I don’t mean to.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
I’m definitely not trying to make it quick i mean it’s only a 1.2 😂 I just do mods because I enjoy doing that sort of thing btw I’m not getting defensive if that’s how is coming across if it is I don’t mean to.
No, not at all mate.

Have you put in an aftermarket stereo yet? New wheels? Get some photos up in the project section!

172 cup
Hi

Fit a descent stereo and speakers or amp and subwoofer your enjoy driving it so much more with descent tunes 👍

And it's all easily removed so you can transfer it to your next car

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Welcome to the forum mate.
The pedal box or throttle response boosters do have great results on some cars.

Renault Clio mk3
No, not at all mate.

Have you put in an aftermarket stereo yet? New wheels? Get some photos up in the project section!
I haven’t I haven’t thought about I think I’m going to do that does anyone know any website for stereos

Renault Clio mk3
Hi

Fit a descent stereo and speakers or amp and subwoofer your enjoy driving it so much more with descent tunes 👍

And it's all easily removed so you can transfer it to your next car
That’s what I’m going to do next I think go and suggestion for which one

Renault Clio mk3
Welcome to the forum mate.
The pedal box or throttle response boosters do have great results on some cars.
Thanks I definitely feel a difference after putting the pedal box in but I did agree that some of them must be crap

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
I haven’t I haven’t thought about I think I’m going to do that does anyone know any website for stereos
Halfords mate. Ebay. Anywhere really. You’ll want a single-din unit unless you wanna be chopping away at the car etc.

172 cup
I like alpine I just picked up an excellent unit for 20 quid from Facebook market
It's 65watt x4 amp and has a pre out for the amps at 4volt so quite powerful

So many bargains to be had I wouldn't buy new