ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help a Complete Newbie Photo Some TVR's

H&R + Pole Position'd Cup
Right, I got myself a Nikon D40 the other day. I've had a flick through the manual and a quick read on here, but i'm struggling to get any better shots then what you can get using the presets.

I'm at a TVR meet on sunday and I'm basically looking for any settings or advice I could use to get some decent snaps of some nice cars.

Anyone help at all? :eek:

D

dick

go and buy a 50mm 1.8 lens. put it in S or T or Tv or something mode, take photos, if too much of the car is out of focus scroll the aperture to a highter number... ie... 1.8 makes a smaller depth of field than 10.

Is it indoor or outdoor??
If its indoor bump up the iso to 800
Sunny outdoors... 200 with auto iso activated
Overcast outdoors... 400 with auto iso activated

Moving shots... as a newbie... put it in to sport mode, works a treat if you dont know what your doing!

H&R + Pole Position'd Cup
Its outdooors, hopefully sunny :)

Cant imagine me needing to take any moving shot either really.

Revels Mum & Sister
go and buy a 50mm 1.8 lens. put it in S or T or Tv or something mode, take photos, if too much of the car is out of focus scroll the aperture to a highter number... ie... 1.8 makes a smaller depth of field than 10.

He has a Nikon.

The settings are M, A, S

D

dick

I did i mini shoot for a friend on his vxr, look for features on the car - Lead in`s and composition!

avoid reflections of yourself and others in the car and avoid masts etc sticking out in the background and also distractions, Dont worry if its not sunny really cloudy days can give GREAT effects! and if you have one use a tripod and i would reccomend shooting in RAW. ;)

heres i few samples of what i did

ASW :)

Corsa-VXR-Concept.jpg

VXR-Front1-1.jpg

VXR-light2-2.jpg

VXR-side-sky1.jpg

I did i mini shoot for a friend on his vxr, look for features on the car - Lead in`s and composition!

avoid reflections of yourself and others in the car and avoid masts etc sticking out in the background and also distractions, Dont worry if its not sunny really cloudy days can give GREAT effects! and if you have one use a tripod and i would reccomend shooting in RAW. ;)

heres i few samples of what i did

ASW :)

Corsa-VXR-Concept.jpg

VXR-Front1-1.jpg

VXR-light2-2.jpg

VXR-side-sky1.jpg