ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help.. ac been removed

Clio
Just after some advice or help...
Got my clio someone has removed half the ac from car rad pipes ECT,

Everything else is still their connected,
My question is can I no longer get the blowers to work regardless of hot or cold judt to help with condensation or can I just remove the ac from under the scuttle and install a cup or a regular heater blower??

monaco 172
Everything else should work fine without the AC, if your blowers aren't working then something else is not right.

Clio
Everything else should work fine without the AC, if your blowers aren't working then something else is not right.
I see because my control pannel still comes on the electric cog by the drivers foot well is functioning also as when I change from window to foot well it's operating just no air... checked all fuses too strange

monaco 172
Might be worth shorting the positive and ground pins on the heater resistor plug behind the scuttle panel.

If the fan comes to life then then I suspect a dodgy heater resistor pack, cheap enough to fix of your handy with a soldering iron, or you can buy a full unit on eBay

Clio
Might be worth shorting the positive and ground pins on the heater resistor plug behind the scuttle panel.

If the fan comes to life then then I suspect a dodgy heater resistor pack, cheap enough to fix of your handy with a soldering iron, or you can buy a full unit on eBay
Just been looking into this on another thread but the pictures showing what to do are missing I shall have a look and see what I can find cheers mate

Clio

solved it mate removed the 30amp and 12v fuse both had bad terminals all grotty cleaned them up put back in walla fixed as I removed the resistor and tried to short it and nothing happened so knew the resistor was all ok