ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help again!

When I switch my ignition on (engine not started) im getting a high pitch whine from the engine bay, also my speedo is locked on milometer can not change it. car starts fine, its only just happened.

helllllllllllllllllp

High pitched, is there as soon as i turn the key. when i start the car it disappears or I cant hear it anymore.

Yes it seems to be coming from the black thing thats just to the right of the air box and to the left of the manifold.

Also found that if i press the milo trip button when "oil check" is on i get a load of 0s above oil check then the milometer comes on??

huh?

To the right of the aibox is the batt and ECU, the manifold is left of the airbox......

2005 Nissan Navara

fuel pump is in tank.....

do u mean the black box attached 2 the inner wing?? the relay box...

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

motorised throttle body.poss a fault with the potetiometer tracks causing the motorised throttle to be vibrating in between the two set computer read potentiometer readings.the potentiometers(1 in the throttle pedal and one in the motiorised throttle body)have two tracks.if these go slightly out of line due to a fault with one of the tracks it might be enough to confuse the computer and cause the vibration due to it not quite being sure of throttle position(either pedal or throttle body) but not enough out of allignment for it to register a potentiometer fault.

the trip computer being stuck sounds like a faulty instrument panel.

i would go to your local dealer as both these will be under warranty.