ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP ASAP: With a few buying questions!

Hi yall,
Fantastic forum, every1 seems really helpful.

Have just joined having read the forum for about 3 weeks.

I currently have a CTR which I have literally just sold. I am hoping to get a Clio 182.

Am having a few problem with prices, they seem to range massively. What does £10000 realisticaly buy me in todays market?

There seems to be loads about at the moment, why do people change them so soon? All the ones on autotrader are ultra low mileage.

Can any1 plz point me in the direction of a good deal.

Thanks every1!

Mini Cooper S sport

I think £10k should get you an 04 182, about 10-15k on the clock with the cup packs - that would be a private sale though, doubt youd get that from a dealer. They seem to be charging about 11-12k for 182s (yeah, a rip-off).

Have no idea why people change them so soon, I think some people want something even faster. I got my 172 cos someone had traded it in for a Scooby, and the 182 (today!) cos someone traded it in after 5 months for a Lotus Elise.

Mini Cooper S sport

Quote: Originally posted by NewbyNewb on 14 May 2005

Does the top one seem like a good deal?

Whats the trade price on seomthing like that £9000?
Yep, seems like a great deal - identical to the one Ive just bought (except for the colour), but I had to go through a dealer cos I needed to trade my 172 in. BUY IT! You have nothing to worry about because even if theres something wrong with it you have 2 and 1/2 years warranty left. The tax is a real bonus as well.

I dont know the trade price, but yeah I expect about 9k.

Hiya

First post for me! yay!! Bought my 182 last week yay!!

Depending on how much you have to spend and how much time you have to harrass your local dealer you may be able to get a good deal on a brand new shiny one. They are willing to give biggg discounts on it at the moment for some reason i think maybe because of the new clio coming out in sept?

Anyway the dealer started at £13800 (1k off the list price) finished up at £11,500 - same price as an import. I think I did well - the whatcar? target price is £12,100.

Just a thought....

Thanks every1 for the input so far.

Test drove one today at the local dealers. 54 plate with 3000 miles on it, dealer
wanted £13000- Ive never laughted so loud!

That engine is a true gem, torquey yet when revved it does indeed move.

All in all the car gives more of a sense of speed, perhaps as your so low?

Looks like Im hooked, now need to buy......

@ bigbri182
To be honest, Im stretched to get to £10k. A new one would be very nice, alass unrealistic.

@ Met Black
Does seem like a good deal, a 54 plate with 4000 miles on it all for £9500?

Is this what I should be expected to pay? Any cheaper ones out there? Im after a bargain!

Mini Cooper S sport

Quote: Originally posted by NewbyNewb on 15 May 2005

Thanks every1 for the input so far.
@ Met Black
Does seem like a good deal, a 54 plate with 4000 miles on it all for £9500?

Is this what I should be expected to pay? Any cheaper ones out there? Im after a bargain!
Its less than I paid, think you wont do much better than that.