ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP! before i b**ch slap my car!

2001 clio 16v
hi guys, little problem... i have a 2001 (51) clio mk2 phase 2 1.2 16v and it just wont lock! it has a brand new battery in the key, the key flashes and the car starts and runs nicely, i tried looking around the interior light to try finding the receiver for the signal but it appears its not there :( anyone got any ideas how to fix it as my door locks just spin round and round and dont lock the car :( please help! any advice much appreciated, thanks in advance.

nick.

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I cvan't answer the remote situation as theres a few possibilities.

BUT. I can answer why your key just spins in the lock. Its the wrong lock/key. They are called anti-drill locks and are designed to spin when anything but the correct key.

Can you here the central locking activating ?

Wjhen you press the locking key on the dasboard does the central lcoking operate?

Have you juts bought the car?

2001 clio 16v
the central locking doesnt do anything off the key but it does lock and un-lock from the button on the dash and no ive had it a while, never done this before... and ive just been out and it locked as soon as i got to it.... bloody renaults! i think its an intermittant kinda thing :(

Clio 1.4 16V
My old clio lock used to just spin if the key wasnt fully in, i had to spin it back till it was lined back up, takee key out and make sure it was fully back in