ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help belt noise!?

H86

black 172
sorry another ' whats this noise' question but i really am getting fed up with this now -

car has made weird noise since i got it sort of ticking but also kind of whiney its coming from drivers side can hear it clear from in the car and obv louder with bonnet up , i dont think its the carbon cannister thingy as it seems very loud and also speeds up with revs.

i took it to a garage and they said the belt was loose an tightened it, noise briefly stopped

started again days later , i then replaced cambelt and aux belt , noise briefly stopped

few weeks later it started again and found out the garage didnt do aux belt kit just the belt so took it somewhere else and got the pulleys tensioner etc changed, noise briefly stopped

now 2 weeks on its back again louder than ever! im fed up of wasting my money

is there anything else on the belt sytem could be causing the noise and also does any one have a pic of the part of the belt that you can see from looking down into the engine bay im not sure but it looks to me like its not on correctly there is metal showing at one side?!

Renault Clio 1.4
i dont knw to much about cars but u tried the fan belt? doesnt that make an annoying sound when its slipping or dried out?