ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help! - bro laptop has crashed.

Right we are getting a blue screen come up something about a opage eorror lol,

I want to format the hard drive, so how the fook do i get into dos? is running xp home, also then to start installation i need to then do d:/install doesnt work, what isit for xp, i cant remember been such along time since ive had to!

Clio200 EDC Lux
Yeah put the windows cd in boot it up (may have to change bios setting so it boots from cd first else it will load straight from the hd)

By the way, don't take a fresh install lightly. You'll need chipset drivers and all sorts afterwards. It's all fairly easy but (and no offence) it sounds like neither of you know WTF it is you're doing.

It doesnt even try to boot from the cd, ive tried just upgrading, then it goes through the main install, then restarts to install other parts, almost in like a dos kind of set up, but then goes to a blue screen and freezes.

It's all fairly easy but (and no offence) it sounds like neither of you know WTF it is you're doing.

None taken, and your entirely correct when it comes to computers, i dont have a f**king clue, i used to, but its been YEARS since ive had to do a fresh install. and format etc etc!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
^^ you have to change the BIOS to tell it to boot from the cd, if you don't know that, i wouldn't do it.

none :(
incase u do sort it and need to format it the command is fdisk -> follow instructions -> exit fdisk when complete then -> fdisk/mbr and follow instructions. you need to delete the primary partition. when all is done chuck in the xp cd and restart your pc boot, from cd and go through set up. although dont attempt unless u know what options to choose in fdisk because you can fu3k it up alot! anyway goodluck