ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

***HELP Car not working***

I think I may have posted something with regards to this before, but would like more suggestions on fixing.

When starting up the car struggles to keep the revs up, but a wee poke on the accelerator and its sorted. But the problem is when reversing down hill or driving downhill, the orange 'electric/coil light in the middle of the dash lights up, and the car starts to stall, but then the revs start bouncing(as if its trying to stop itself stalling) and after bouncing up and down a few times, the revs just gently stop. This has since been happening more and more when stopping at roundabouts or in traffic jams, if your just too late on dipping the clutch when stopping, but to resolve this, again giving it some throttle, seems to solve the problem, but it is happening more frequent.
Now at my last service, the mechanic, had problems getting one of the spark plugs out, and 'told' me that he did something to get a new one fitted.

I was thinking that I might need 'Coils' replaced (whatever they are<explanation please>) and plugs changed. Any Ideas how much???

Had it at a renault garage in which they hooked it up to the computer, and i seen with my own eyes that their is nothing wrong. (nothing unusual there).
Although got manifold sensor replaced, cause it burnt out?

Hope someone out their can give me suggestions.

ps. the car is '02 plate with 65k on the clock, and fully serviced.