ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help! Car stalling in neutral or whenever I take foot off the gas.

mx5
Recently I fitted a cold air feed from behind the upper gille on the opposite side to the radiator. To do this i removed a grey plastic blank and zip tied the caf to the grille.
Twice in the last three days, when ive started the car the electrical fault/preheating warning light stays on. Then the car just stalls ridiculously, eg if you ever take your foot of the gas, no matter what gear (including neutral) it will just stall, even if driving along normally.
Then after a few minutes the light goes out and everything goes back to normal.

I got a bit worried so Ive taken the caf out and put the plastic bit back behind the grille, hoping that this will sort it out.

does anyone know what could be wrong with the car? cos its completely fine after a few minutes and doesnt do the electrical fault thing every time.

help would be appreciated!