ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help choosing alloy's

clio 172 Phase 1
wolfrace octanes in black

Oz Hydras

MOMO Gtr

so which ones also do i stick to 16" or go to 17 "

the car is a blue 172 mk1

Monaco 172
I don't like the hydras very much but out of the three i'd choose them because i wouldn't stick wolfrace wheels on my car and hate Momo wheels.

I'd personally shop around more and find something that really suits your car, get someone to photoshop the wheels on and offer them up to your car before buying.

Lux'd Glacier White R26
I would personally look for some "lighter" wheels. You need to consider that putting 17's on a Mk1 172 will destroy the performance in more ways than one.

As G Man says, get some suitable pics and get someone to photoshop them on, and that should help you out...

Tyson.

Mk2 Golf GTI
I woudlnt go with any of the first three.

I also think people are getting a bit too obsessed with having light wheels. Ok to a certain degree but it's not the be all and end all!

clio 172 Phase 1
wieght , size coolness dont really bother me , although i cant see how much performance difference a slighlty light set of wheels would make , all i know is i need a new set of alloys cause the ones on there are curbed badley , but I do want a pair that fit with the car

Mazda MX5 1.8
u need to seriously consider ur choice of wheels

get some photoshops done to see how they look

i was suprised at how bad some of the wheels looked against my car in well done photoshops

clio 172 Phase 1
well decided on the supert's in 16/195/45's they have hankook rubber on dont know how good these tyres are but thats what they came with £500 the lot is that a good price ?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
ive got Hankook K102 tyres on mine and it grips brilliant, only got them because my mate works at a tyre garage and could get me them really cheap but im impressed with them, throwing it into roundabouts in the wet it grips well.

(clio__Chris, could you PM me that pic of your car in your avitar please, looks cool would like to see it)

Clio 172 Mk2
Talon said:
well decided on the supert's in 16/195/45's they have hankook rubber on dont know how good these tyres are but thats what they came with £500 the lot is that a good price ?

Ive just ordered OZ SuperT GT`s of the same size as yours, but I paid £560... where can you get them for £500?

I asked for a free upgrade from Hankook to Toyo T1-S tyres, but from what some people say about the Toyos perhaps I made a poor choice!