ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help choosing mocal oil cooler.

225 powered mk2
Thinking about getting a mocal oil cooler, but there are different types etc, mainly in the sandwich plate, one with or without a thermostat in there... anyone had any experience with these?

at the moment im thinking the thermostat plate is the best option for those 3am starts for shows etc when its cold.

any info would be great :)

340i
A thermostatic sandwich plate would be the better option, that will allow oil to warm quicker. Then the stat opens at a set temperature to run through the cooler.

225 powered mk2
cheers guys, Im just looking at the sandwich plates now but mocal dont seem to do a thermostat plate with holes for temp sensors though do they? may have to find somewhere else to mount the temp sensor.

cheers

172/1.2/E30
Depends on the radiator setup and position. But i think you can get slimmer oil filters. Shouldn't affect oil pressure or flow. Another option would be an oil temperature sensor in the sump/instead of sump plug and the pressure sensor instead of the OEM switch.

M3, Cup racer'd 182
Here is how i had mine setup, the blue plate was used for a oil temp gauge that was added in the car and the silver plate is the mocal thermostat version (see spring left side).

The oil filter will then screw onto the mocal plate and job done.
3be69dd4.gif

8349c3b2.gif

Hope that helps.

Oh my oil cooler was 13row 268mm or something like that.

Last edited: