ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help Choosing Speakers!

07 RENAULT CLIO SPORT DCI
Hi there everyone,

I'm busy deciding what rear speakers i should ask for christmas but the problem is i don't know anything about speakers e.g. are coaxial better than duel cone, RMS power input?? etc.

i've got a price range of no more than £40 and i want them to fit in my rear speaker ports so they need to be 5.25inch/13cm.

Does anyone know if there is any speaker wire running to the back in the clios that don't come with rear speakers as standard or will i have to get some and if so does it matter what type i get? and finally is there anything else i will need apart from the speakers and maybe wire?

i've found these two but don't know if they are any good:

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/...uctId_223309_langId_-1_categoryId_165707#dtab

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/...uctId_186497_langId_-1_categoryId_165707#dtab

Any help you guys can give me will be much appreciated as i am a complete noob when it comes to sound systems.

Aptek

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Help Choesing Speakers!

Not sure on which to go for mate, aint much info given there about the specs...seem pretty similar, except for the difference in the power output and input. However that shouldnt be your point of decision as i take it your gonna be running them of your head unit, which is pobably already running your front speakers aswell....so you wont even reach the max input, ouput...unless you planning to amp them in the future, in that case i would suggest going for the 40 watts. As for wiring, if you click "specifications" on the links you provided, it says there that a wiring kit is included (which should be enough).

happy picking man ;)

You want Watts RMS as that is the true power rating, none of this PMPO Peak Maximum Power Output b****cks that impresses 17 year old chavs but which means f**k all as they'll never do it for more than a fraction of a second! lol

There's a few audio people on here, or TalkAudio forums are good :)

thanks for you help guys, my next thing to get is a new head unit lol

Ph1 172 + Combo van

Pop your rear speaker covers off mate and have a look/ deel around for the cables.

A lot of people dont even use rear speakers. I just have my renault ones in there but have it faded 8-2 to the front.

i had a look about 1hr ago and i cud not feel any cables, try again in the light. in my old car which had rear speakers, i had it the other way round to you about 8-2 to the rear, i personally don't like it in the front lol

Ph1 172 + Combo van

Well ok what ever suits you lol. Get some 6x9s in the back if its what you want it to sound like.

Black Gold Trophy

you want coaxials for the rear, or you can do the chav thing and put 6x9s on the rear shelf.

Nothing chav about 6x9s ... all depend what you want.
loudness - go for 6x9s.
quality sound for just those in the car and no the entire street - coaxials.
Mate dont worry about all the stereotype bullsh*t that people throw at you, design your sound for how you would like it, at the end of the day its you who's gonna be using it.

Nothing chav about 6x9s ... all depend what you want.
loudness - go for 6x9s.
quality sound for just those in the car and no the entire street - coaxials.
Mate dont worry about all the stereotype bullsh*t that people throw at you, design your sound for how you would like it, at the end of the day its you who's gonna be using it.

Bullshit, 6x9 on the parcel shelf are s**t. They just ruin the sound stage.// End off.

For £40 your a bit pushed. Do you mind 2nd hand? As youll be able to get better fo r your money. Also mounting them on MDF baffels will be a good stop to help them achieve a better midbass sound.

Bulls**t, 6x9 on the parcel shelf are s**t. They just ruin the sound stage.// End off. quote]

i wasnt arguing the point about there quality, didnt even begin talking about the "sound stage" and quality of hearing ... before passing judgement rather find out what people are looking for, your preference aint the only one out there. hence you get, heavy bass set up, focal points around the loudness, and sound quality set ups etc...all depends on the persons preference. So judgemental, geees!

vaux cavalier

I just love it when someone requests help with rear speaker choice, I just sit back & wait for the inevitable bickering to start...lol...

So many supposed SQ buffs dismiss rear speakers with a look similar to one achieved sucking on a lemon....

Rear speakers, when used correctly, can greatly improve the sound in almost any car....

Try googling, "The Haefler Effect"....

No son.

Make your own baffels out of mdf to house the speakers. If you cut out the plastic that the OEM speaker sit in you can glue/screw the new baffels to the door.

they are for the rear, but take it it wud still work? wots wrong with the adaptors in the link? they seem a lot simpler to do?

Erm, there kinda flimsy. A good baffle will improve the sound. I think it should be okaym cant remember what the rear speakers are like, have a look.

Out of interest why do you want rear speakers and not speakers in the front doors?

i alreay have speakers in the front but i don't have any in the back as my clio didn't come with any as standard.