ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help Finding Laptop Part

Hi all

Im trying to repair a mates laptop however it needs a new processor fan as the bearing has had it in his and it keeps overheating and shutting down.

Its a Sony Vaio PCG-GRV616S

If anyone knows anywhere that might do it please let me know. If not I guess its a case of calling Sony.
Thanks

Dazz

Calling Sony will be the way.

Or, take it out and see if there are any part numbers on it?

R35 GTR
Sony wont give parts out. I have tried to get a part for my laptop, i need the lid catch and as its still under warranty it gets done for free, but i dont want to wait 2 weeks for a repair. So phoned them and they said no we dont send parts out. Bugger!!!!!!!!

but if you can get a part out of them, i need a lid catch for a sony vaio FS115B laptop.:clown:

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Sony suck the camel's length with their laptops. That's the simple reason why I will never, ever buy another Sony Vaio for work. Their aftersales service (and attitude) is attrocious and wanted £690 for a replacement Pentium-M 1.6Ghz CPU when one went on a laptop here - funnily enough, just outside the warranty period.

We checked the mobo specs and bought a Pentium-M 1.7Ghz off eBay instead. Worked a treat and cost almost a tenth of the price. On top of that, they preload so much bloatware on their laptops that any speed benefit they had at the start is simply lost with the hard drive paging like a b*****d.

Total retards..... ;)

D.