ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help fitting an Alpine head unit

Black FF 182
Need some help from anyone that has installed an alpine head unit. I recently bought a new alpine head unit which came with its own wiring loom but it doesn't have a socket for the yellow connector. Do I need to buy a new wiring adaptor to make the head unit fit? The first image is the wiring loom that came with the head unit and the second one is the connections I need to fit.
P1210887.JPG
P1210888.JPG

Black FF 182
When I connected just the black and white connectors the head unit didn't power up. Also when I connect my original radio without the yellow one it doesn't work either which made me think the yellow one was power. Anyone else had this issue?

Black FF 182
The wiring that came with the head unit has a bunch of other individual wire connections which I have no idea what they are for
P1210890.JPG

Clio 182
Black one is power
White speakers
Yellow top dash display and steering wheel

Did you turn the ignition key on when you tried?

Clio 182
No wonder why it doesn't work, the power leads are separated.
You know the big instruction book that came with it, have you even looked at it?

Black FF 182
Thanks for your help I guess I was a bit hasty in trying to install the head unit without properly reading the instruction booklet everything working fine now. Where could a find an adapter to use the stalk controls?

Clio 182
Sent Matt (MTAudio) a PM and he can sort you out with the correct adapter and patch lead - top guy