ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help for brake pads purchases

Clio spor 172 Ph1
Hello friends, I want to buy brake pads for my clio sport 172 ph1, since in my country the marks that are obtained are not really good and affect the braking of the car, I want some pads that are good in cold braking, that serve for The daily use and the use of track, this seeing the options that has ktec racing, I hope they can help me to make a good purchase:
  • CARBON LORRAINE BRAKE PADS RC6 / RC5 +
  • FERODO DS2500 BRAKE PADS
  • EBC YELLOWSTUFF BRAKE PADS
  • EBC REDSTUFF BRAKE PADS
And I want to fit these brake discs
  • KTR TRACKSPORT REAR DISCS
  • Brembo Max Grooved Front Brake Discs

What opinions do you give me?

Clio spor 172 Ph1
I use the car of daily and always fast driving by road, that is why I want a good configuration of brakes, in addition that is also efficient to use it in track

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Wouldn't use Carbon Lorraine's for road, they don't like cold and wet conditions.

Stick with Ferodo or Mintex. You could swap to CL's for the track day though.

Clio spor 172 Ph1
I was also looking at the ferodo ds1.11, I'll buy any of the ferodo, with the brembo front brake discs and the rear brake discs ktr

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
I can help with your brakes @blito2790 you can see some of the options on the RTR Parts website , and I can supply other options aswel

Get in touch if you want any help/info

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Yes mate, got them on the shelf. Not on my site yet so always worth asking me :up:. PM me and I'll get you a price

Wouldn't use Carbon Lorraine's for road, they don't like cold and wet conditions.

Is that based on experience?

I found RC5+ to be excellent from cold, I couldn't fault them. To me, they felt like they were 'grinding' the disk away, they are that abrasive!

Hawk HP+ are similarly good from cold, I would have either :)

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Is that based on experience?

I found RC5+ to be excellent from cold, I couldn't fault them. To me, they felt like they were 'grinding' the disk away, they are that abrasive!

Hawk HP+ are similarly good from cold, I would have either :smile:

Didn't say they were no good from cold. I said they don't like the cold/wet conditions.

I use them all year round and they are very good, but i wouldn't recommend it as they can fall apart in winter.

Didn't say they were no good from cold. I said they don't like the cold/wet conditions.

I use them all year round and they are very good, but i wouldn't recommend it as they can fall apart in winter.

Fair enough!

I haven't had that experience myself, but then it's been a while since I've driven on them (and I'm pretty gentle on brakes).

The OP is from Venezuala so I think risk of problems will depend on where he lives in the country :smiley: lol

Clio spor 172 Ph1
Fair enough!

I haven't had that experience myself, but then it's been a while since I've driven on them (and I'm pretty gentle on brakes).

The OP is from Venezuala so I think risk of problems will depend on where he lives in the country :smiley: lol
Hahahaha, in my country there is no winter like there, in the city where I live when it is very cold it is at 15ºc , but the weather is crazy it can sunrise sunny at 25ºc and at the time it may be raining

And if you don`t fantasise about having to walk with your knees 2 ft apart, standard Brembo pads are fine, even for track use.
I've found different pads feel different through the pedal (I presume due to their mu and temperature characteristics) and therefore buy on that basis - as you imply, getting brakes to the point of fading is difficult in a relatively light car such as a Clio, but I prefer a pad that's high-friction from cold.

Clio 172 (CUP)
For what it's worth...
I use the older Pagid rs422's (blues) on standard calipers, not cheap but I've found they're great from cold for sprint competitions. They can also certainly handle 20min stints on brands hatch indy circuit all day long. On a cup without abs it takes a little more careful brake control to prevent lock up. They squeel a little too much for every day use tbf (but mines not an every day motor). From the feel and sound of the bite, it feels like they'll chew up the Brembo HC discs before they give up, but I'll have to check the wear of late. I'm going to stick with these until they wear out and then try a 4 pot brembo conversion for the fun of it ;)

For what it's worth...
I use the older Pagid rs422's (blues) on standard calipers, not cheap but I've found they're great from cold for sprint competitions. They can also certainly handle 20min stints on brands hatch indy circuit all day long. On a cup without abs it takes a little more careful brake control to prevent lock up. They squeel a little too much for every day use tbf (but mines not an every day motor). From the feel and sound of the bite, it feels like they'll chew up the Brembo HC discs before they give up, but I'll have to check the wear of late. I'm going to stick with these until they wear out and then try a 4 pot brembo conversion for the fun of it :wink:

I liked the Pagid Blues - a great everyday pad that stands some abuse :)

And brake squeal is fine because Racecar :p lol

All the pads I've used in the Clio have worked fine from cold, some of the track orientated one's better in fact.

Currently using Mintex M1155 and they're great for £70. They do everything that you need on track and road, they do wear on track more than CL & Ferodo pads though, few hours hard track driving and half an hour spirited road driving and they're down to half.

PH2 172
All the pads I've used in the Clio have worked fine from cold, some of the track orientated one's better in fact.

Currently using Mintex M1155 and they're great for £70. They do everything that you need on track and road, they do wear on track more than CL & Ferodo pads though, few hours hard track driving and half an hour spirited road driving and they're down to half.
I`d rate them as shite for £70.

I`d rate them as shite for £70.
No offence but you rate brembo OE which lasted all of half a sessioned day at Oulton before I got blacked flagged as they'd worn to metal on metal, causing my brakes to set on fire ruining a new set of HC discs, and to add insult to injury they where utterly useless in process. The worst pad I've used road or track. I'd call that s**t!

PH2 172
No offence but you rate brembo OE which lasted all of half a sessioned day at Oulton before I got blacked flagged as they'd worn to metal on metal, causing my brakes to set on fire ruining a new set of HC discs, and to add insult to injury they where utterly useless in process. The worst pad I've used road or track. I'd call that s**t!

Given the fact that you appear to have the ability to mullah every set of pads you get your hands on, I would suggest you follow the procedures listed here, and then start again with a set of £22 Brembo`s.

http://www.stoptech.com/technical-s...ions-and-procedures/stock-brake-system-bed-in

PH2 172
Such a wind up lol
burned-out-what-to-do-burnt-toast.jpg