ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help getting number plate sticky pads off car

VRS
i am in the process of removing the sticky pads off my number plate so i can replace them with velcro discs but i cant for the life of me get all off the sticky pad and residue off the car number plate recess

does any1 know of any way i can get it off?

andy

edit:

i typed too fast and wrote mumber plate instead of number plate lol :eek:

106 GTi
Re: help getting mumber plate sticky pads off car

I used AG Tar Remover and lots of rubbing and picking when I did mine.

Heat what is left of the residue up with a hairdryer as that helps, took ages though as I did not want to scratch the paint.

VRS
Re: help getting mumber plate sticky pads off car

tried that and still no luck :(

i will give the tar remover a go rich, see if that helps to budge it :)

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
Sticky stuff remover, get it in Tesco. Wont harm the paint.

sticky.jpg

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Jet was at the local petrol station and some tar and glue remover from autoglym.

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
WD40 as a last resort?

Is WD40 the modern version of fairy dust ???

Its a Water Displacement fluid not a solvent / lubricant / release fluid / contraceptive /excuse for not using the right thing.

The name came from the words Water Displacement and it was the inventors (Norm Larsen) 40th formula that actually worked as intended.

The company makes a range of products including release fluids and solvents for various applications under the brand name WD but the generic product does not do all the things people use it for, in some cases it does exactly the wrong thing, so be careful, read the instructions.

wd40.gif

Last edited:
  VRS
just tried the ag tar remover and its done the job :approve:

cheers fellas, wud never have thought to try the tar remover :)

andy

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
just tried the ag tar remover and its done the job :approve:

cheers fellas, wud never have thought to try the tar remover :)

andy

The tar remover is good stuff...I had something on my windscreen...like hot tar (or something) that had been flicked up from another car...couldn't shift it for love nor money...used the tar remover, 60 secs later...came off as if it wasn't attached! Big thumbs up for the stuff!

Is WD40 the modern version of fairy dust ???

Its a Water Displacement fluid not a solvent / lubricant / release fluid / contraceptive /excuse for not using the right thing.

The name came from the words Water Displacement and it was the inventors (Norm Larsen) 40th formula that actually worked as intended.

The company makes a range of products including release fluids and solvents for various applications under the brand name WD but the generic product does not do all the things people use it for, in some cases it does exactly the wrong thing, so be careful, read the instructions.

Nice 1 Brian - that made me laugh at 5.08am - not an easy task!