ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Williams 3 Rear discs and pads

Clio Williams 3
Looking to get my Williams 3 back on the road and out of hibernation and it has failed its MOT and needs new rear discs and pads.

Does anyone know where to find original rear pads and discs? Can find the front online, but not the rear. Or recommend best after-market replacements please? I'm looking to keep the car as original as possible, but looks like I may have to consider other options at this stage.

Garage has recommended fitting Apec discs and pads.

For reference, part numbers are:

Discs: 7700805006

Pads: 7701204036

Thanks for any help.

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
Best I can tell you is that the part number for the discs is correct but finding them is a monumental ballache.
It's because of the ABS rings that it has to be that part number but I vaguely remember @MicKPM saying something about the ABS rings being available from somewhere and fitting them to any other rear discs is the best option.

All Mk1 & Mk2 Clio OEM rear discs are the exact same part despite the part numbers being different, it's only the different ABS rings that determine the part number.

Rear pads are easy to find, don't waste money on genuine Renault items as they're a rip off and the cheapest crap you can find is more than plenty good enough for the rears.

These seem to be the only ones I can find on Autodoc that have the ABS ring and are actually available https://www.autodoc.co.uk/delphi/261026

Clio Williams 3
Thanks a lot for the detail @16v_paddy and to @Coops Mk1 for asking the question.

I had initially asked the garage if they could source Brembo discs and pads but no such luck. Since seeing your link to the Delphi ones on Autodoc (and noting ABS ring), they said they can get hold of these and pads or go for Apec discs and pads that are about £100 more fitted.

If your advice is not to get too bothered about what's on there essentially, I'll likely go for one of these recommendations and get back on the road. There's a brake compensator issue and a small bit of welding that was done before I bought the car that needs attending to underneath at the O/S rear, but hoping other than that we'll be good-to-go in a few weeks.

Thank again for taking a look at this one. Much appreciated.