ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help, Hazards keep coming on!!

E class AMG Sport
I have a Clio 197 F1 and the hazard warning lights seem to come on at random times. Does anyone know what may be causing this? I have got up for work a few times and the lights have been on.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as Renault want £88 just to investigate it. The car has run out of warranty.

Thanks

The Clio Mark 2 had issues with the spring in the Hazard Lights button on the dash. Could potentially be the same issue.

Or just another French piss poor piece of wiring. It's a Renault. This is just the beginning.

Clio Sport 172
i had this problem with my 172, and found out it was the hazard switch. i bought a new switch off ebay and before i fitted it i was just seeing how to get the original one out. i had abit of a play about and managed to somehow wiggle the hazard switch about abit and the problem has since stopped and hazrads work fine now. so i didnt need to buy a new switch after all.

Skoda Fabia vRS
its unknown to me for a Clio III to need a hazard switch

im gonna say you have a UCH issue, expect a £3-£400 bill to put it right if i guessed right

172DD Cup
UCH is the control box for most of the electronic gubbins in your car. it might be this, but that's starting with the most expensive part and working back, which isn't the best way forward. unless it's under warranty of course.

when my hazards kept coming on it turned out to be water had got in the alarm unit and was setting them off.

Skoda Fabia vRS
it controls all kinds of things, we had a Clio yesterday with the fog lights on all the time, they wouldnt turn off, and the boot wouldnt lock, a new UCH fixed this

Lol. Just start a timer when you buy a brand new Renault. Set it for three years on the dot. This is when all your electrics will fail, catastrophically.

Albi 197
Lol. Just start a timer when you buy a brand new Renault. Set it for three years on the dot. This is when all your electrics will fail, catastrophically.

That is so true, Was driving my car home from its first MOT (which is passed, shockingly), and the coil pack died.