ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help Help Help ...Google knackered!!

Peddled device
Google on my pc is f***** ! I had a virus that l thought i'd got rid of but now whenever l use the Google search engine it is displaying results that are clearly sites selling stuff.

I have Firefox also but want to know how to either reset Google (is that possible?) or delete all the Google files and start again.

Help please !

Fiesta ST
oh dear sounds like a problem i had on a customers PC ther other day, the dreaded antivirus 2009 which caused google to display a fake google page and caused redirection.

Download maleware bytes this should solve the issue.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/

If you can't install this programme or if you have issues (a varient of this virus supress's the install of this programme and your anti-virus from scanning) let me know - I know a way around it.

Fiesta ST
yes it would - this could mean you have the worst case, in which case i bet you have problems installing that programme.

The virus installs a device in device manager hidden! you can't delete it because it just reinstalls itself next time you boot but you disable it reboot and then install maleware bytes.

Fiesta ST
This particular virus was bundled with a hidden process named “TDSSserv.sys” It’s a serviceserver that re-directs all software updates to 127.0.0.1 (your own computer) so that nothing will update.

What you need to do is go to Start, Control Panel, System, Hardware, Device Manager, Show Hidden Devices.

Scroll down to “Non-plug and Play Drivers” and click the plus icon to open those drivers.

Then search for “TDSSserv.sys”.

Right click on it, and select “Disable”.

Note If you select Uninstall, it will install itself again when you reboot the system, so DON’T select Uninstall.

Now people will be able to update and use their programs and delete the virus. I used Malware Bytes’

Peddled device
Just done the first Maleware scan...lots found.Will delte them and then restart in a few minutes.

From your instructions l can get to Device Manager but l don't see Hidden Devices after it....Is there something else l should look for ? (l'm on Vista)

GW RS200
I had this and after about three days of trying to get rid of it, it eventually became clear that it's actually more painless to back up all my stuff and reinstall windows. It's computer cancer of the worst kind! Just when you think it's gone, there it is back again. My version also changed google results and even put popover ads on pages I was reading - unbelievable. It sounds harsh, but the best way to be certain is a reformat...

clio 16v
right.. i have this shitty laptop.. i want to delet everything and start an absolute fresh... possible?

Peddled device
This particular virus was bundled with a hidden process named “TDSSserv.sys” It’s a serviceserver that re-directs all software updates to 127.0.0.1 (your own computer) so that nothing will update.

What you need to do is go to Start, Control Panel, System, Hardware, Device Manager, Show Hidden Devices.

Scroll down to “Non-plug and Play Drivers” and click the plus icon to open those drivers.

Then search for “TDSSserv.sys”.

Right click on it, and select “Disable”.

Note If you select Uninstall, it will install itself again when you reboot the system, so DON’T select Uninstall.

Now people will be able to update and use their programs and delete the virus. I used Malware Bytes’

I have found msqpdxserv.sys Is this the same item?

Also l have an option to uninstall but not to 'disable'. How do l disable it?

lift number 1 @ btm
i saw a bit about all this the other day.

they were calling it the "facebook virus" or "koobface worm"

don't know if that will help any?

Peddled device
Well l have deleted msqpdxserv.sys and after a reboot its no longer there.I'm running 'Malwarebytes' now and also AVG (although AVG won't update??!!)

I'm just going to clean stuff up as much as possible for now.I have an out-of-date PC-cillin on my PC.Is this a decent anti-sh1te program that is worth paying for or is there better?