ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP! Immobiliser light staying on after engine refittted

Breaking mk2 DCI
right after reinstalling my engine, all seems fine but the immobiliser light stays onwhen ignition is on and the engine wont turn over,
fob unlocks and locks car fine,
am going to charge the battery like heck later, fit a new battery in the key fob and clean the relay terminals

the cars been without a battery for 6 months, was all fine before this tho

Da

Less
My guess is that as it's been without a battery for six months, it's either lost it's memory and as such needs reprogramming or the decoder ring has gone faulty.

Do you have a spare key?

Breaking mk2 DCI
only have the one key sadly, unlocks and locks the car mind you,

and decoder rings can i use a spare as i have a spare one?

and how much is programming?

Da

Less
Programming is dealer only as far as I know so probably one hour's labour minimum.

Yep the decoder ring only receives the signal so a spare should be fine. The immobiliser is within the ECU from memory so is 'locked' to the particular engine.

The remote unlocking and immobiliser function of the key are two separate systems.

Breaking mk2 DCI
wel havent managed to get over to my car to try this 2nite, decided to do an oil change on me car instead as it'll b on the road b4 the clio no doubt

Breaking mk2 DCI
Anyone else shed abit of light on this for me? im unable to transport the car you see,

Thanks