ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help In Choosing / Buying Tripod

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Girlfriend has a Sony Cybershot DSCP200 Digital camera.

For her Masters she needs to take close up, detailed (macro) photographs of bird footprints.

She has been told by a guy at the London Camera Exchange that her camera will be up to the task but to get the best picture would need a tripod.

Is there a good tripod that she can use to face her camera straight to the ground, close up and not get the tripod itself in shot?

this? http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000NCECJU/?tag=cliospnet01-21

LY 182 FF CUPPED
benbo, Giottos are the best....but pricey.

I would suggest the BENBO BEN108 mini trekker.
retails for £60
It is the baby in the family to the pro wildlife....go anywhere tripod.
Designed for macro flower and insect stuff.
Extemely versatile, in that the legs can point in loads of directions - thus assistaing you to prop a leg onto a rock or ledge etc if space is at a minimum.
www.fotosense.co.uk and do a search in the box

Last edited:
  Oil Burner
if its macro then the tripod probably wont allow you to get that close to the subject (assuming its on the floor?) possibly a gorrila pad?

tbh if its got IS and is anything like any of the recent gen. sony compacts ive used then the macro is superb and with a bit of light far better than most slr's are capable of without a new specific macro lense.

Are they on the ground? (maybe a silly question) A normal tripod will be to high I'd imagine and ones that get close to the ground get expensive. That little thing looks pretty good for the job.
To get the best macro out of the camera you'll want it at the long end of its optical zoom, so hopefully the legs won't get in shot...

D

dick

http://www.gadget-bag.co.uk/product_details.php?id=965

got one of those, stole it off mum, whos had it for about 10years or somethin, still works perfect. also its about the same price as the 1 in your link...
and its a good make as apposed to that unnamed tosh.

ive got a gorilla pod SLR zoom at home which i havent used yet though.

Last edited by a moderator:
  LY 182 FF CUPPED
Gorilla pods......AAAArrrgggghhhhh the dreaded anal love beads!!!

Hate the things

The Benbo tripod I have mention will reach the floor.