ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

sub install help please

53Plt Clio 1.6L 16V
first of all not in my clio in my girlfriends astra H 56 plate

I have got everything in sub power from battery ground and a switched Positive from the cigg socket because she wants to keep the stock head unit the amp powers on and off with the key fine that's n not a problem

The issue is sound it is an edge ported box with built in amp ( like this one (I didn't get it from halfords though ( http://www.halfords.com/technology/car-audio/sound-systems/edge-edb12-12-v2-active-subwoofer ))) any way it has a high level input witch is key here as GF wants to keep the stock head unit so i took the HU out and with my strippers partially striped the wires not cut and added 2 extra pairs of cables to the rear speaker cables and run them to the boot then metered it all out all was fine taped it all up and added the adapter plug to the end of the cables which i just run and powered the sub and radio up and no sound unplugged the adapter and it worked for a split second as it was unplugging so i just touched the connector to the socket and it worked so it was really dodgy and kept falling out so i got myself a high level to low level adapter so i could take the high level speaker cables which i had run down to RCA (red white) input level and just use the standard red white cables got it all sorted and now there is no sound coming out the sub it thumps when the ignition is on and you turn the radio on and off so there is some fourm of signal getting to the sub but no music its really weird

bit about me and my knowlage as you can tell i seem pretty clued up on it all as i have 2 12" sony's paired to a 1000watt monoblock amp with lpf and a creak after market radio and uprated rear speakers and sound dddaaammmmmm gggoooodddd hence why GF wanted a sub in her car so got a all in one package but not turning out as easy as i had thought

any way thats for reading all this and for any advice or soloutions in advance i thank you

Clio 182
Couple of attempts to read - could do with more full stops ;)

Id be going for a rca convertor with adjustable gain output, unless this is what your already using?

May sound stupid, but im presuming you have connected to rear speaker cables? - have you set the fad/balance to rear to see if there is anything coming out speakers after the cable was spliced?

Is the sub staying on after ignition on?

Reactions: Gus
  53Plt Clio 1.6L 16V
blabbed on bit more than I should have oops sorry
I have actually got it sorted earlier today but thankyou for the reply
no the amp doesn't stay on its an ignition switched supply that is just being used for the remote switch as she wanted to keep factory head unit and i couldn't find a switched output on the back of it
again all sorted now but thanks for the reply