ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help insurance advice

Willy2

right this morning i well and truly killed my clio, had an accident in chiswick and i hit a motorcyclist, dont worry he was ok, but my clios not! The front bumper came off, the N/s front wing is shattered, bonnet bent, headlight and indicator have disintergrated and the O/s wing has a small crack in it.

So i want to know how much the insurance charge to buy the car back, as I have invested alot of money into this car, i want another valver but i think my insurance will rocket now!

I have insured the car for 2.5k, 300 excess, i pretty sure they will write it off and i dont want them to. what sort of percentage will they charge to get it back? Im more intrested in stripping my valver as i want to buy another one!

Im insured with elephant and they have been spot on so far! but i have to book an appointment with the damage assesors tomorrow and im not looking forward to it:(

From my experience they will only give you the present book value of your car.

i had a R5 and the fan burnt out resulting in the loom melting! I bought the car back for £80 as the quote for a new loom was in excess of £1200!

Bad news mate

well if its covered for 2.5 grand then I doubt it will be written off as its just replacement panels. Which even with respraying will not come to 2.5 grand.

As for buying the car back, pennies usually. Smacked sapphy cossie, my mate bought it back, bear in mind this is a proper cosworth with nigh on 500 horses (courtesy of me) for 100 quid. Valued at 6 grand.

Willy2

well thats good news, i have worked this out, £140 bonnet, £80 for 2 wings, £100 for a front bumper, paint and spray £500 max - i prey that they fix it, i will have to cough up the excess but i dont mind, small price to pay for the valver. I hope there is no internal damage as the car was pulling to the right on the way home. Gutted, totally gutted!

Sorry to say but i recon they will write it off they would write if off if the damage is 60% the value of the car. In your case £1500. It seems £1500 worth or repairs is easy to build up. If anything needs replacing to do with the stearing im sure it will be writen off. Mine looked like thewre wasnyt to much damages (a new shape) but the damge is over £4k and most likly end up as as totaling £5k.

Sorry to tel you just hope Im wrong (which happens a lot)

EDD

Willy2

i hope too, but to be honest if they fix it, it will be major luck! but dependant on how much i get back i want another valver, so fingers crossed!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Ye, sorry to hear that.. at least the biker was alright though, could have been worse.

jeez.....raj........long as no-one was hurt eh ??.........i think insurance companies usually ask 10% the value of the car to buy it back......so it depends what they value it at.........best thing you can do (if they write it off) is go & buy an autotrader & cut out all the cars that are simular age to yours...(make sure the ads are asking strong money)..stick em on A4...then fax em a copy......worked for my last car & they gave me £750.00 more on (what they claimed was) their final offer !!

Willy2

well i figure if i buy it back i have leathers, willy clocks and a engine and gearbox all still running sweet and a set of willy wheels, alarm, acoustic parcel shelf, exhaust and all the other bits and bobs. So i have every intention of buying it back - still gutted tho, no front panels only the vent and the 16v badges on the side.