ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help! Kangoo 1.9 diesel fault

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I’ve got a Kangoo 1.9 diesel, non turbo.

runs like a sack of s**t. I disconnected the EGR valve and it runs perfect.

I bought a new (genuine) EGR valve and fitted it.
still runs like a sack of s**t.

Disconnect EGR and it’s fine again.

Any ideas??

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
The plot thickens…

If I disconnect the air intake temp sensor and leave the EGR connected it runs perfect.

So either of those plugs disconnected, runs perfect. Both of those plugs connected runs like poo.

🤦‍♂️

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Disconnect the sensor.
Leave it.
Profit.
1679058493001.png

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
The plot thickens…

If I disconnect the air intake temp sensor and leave the EGR connected it runs perfect.

So either of those plugs disconnected, runs perfect. Both of those plugs connected runs like poo.

🤦‍♂️
By that logic - well mine anyway - the air intake temp is faulty. The air temp sensor monitors the temperature of the air entering the engine, this info goes to the ECU, which then determines when the EGR valve opens.

The EGR can affect the engine's running, hence when you disconnect it, it's ok. So if it's not opening correctly due to a faulty air temp sensor, that's the issue.

I'm not a mechanic though. So feel free to ignore this info. :ROFLMAO:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
By that logic - well mine anyway - the air intake temp is faulty. The air temp sensor monitors the temperature of the air entering the engine, this info goes to the ECU, which then determines when the EGR valve opens.

The EGR can affect the engine's running, hence when you disconnect it, it's ok. So if it's not opening correctly due to a faulty air temp sensor, that's the issue.

I'm not a mechanic though. So feel free to ignore this info. :ROFLMAO:
In that case, I refer you to @Smoothie Claymore ‘s post.