ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP!!! - KTR GAZ suspension fitting

Hello,

Need urgent help. Rear suspension is too low, even on what appears to be the highest setting. KTR GAZ Coilover Kit - I've wound them up to where it looks like the top, they can go higher but how far can I wind them up for it to be safe? At the moment, the rear is too low for my liking, I am on 17'' wheels and the wheel is sitting about 1cm under the arch but it has some minor rubbing (on outer lip, very slight).

The kit quotes it will drop up to 50mm so I didn't expect my wheel to be under the bloody arch at this setting. Can I wind these up even more and how many threads do I need to leave?

See photo attached!

Cheers,

Simon

Da

Less
The rubbing is down to the offset of the wheels.

Personally I wouldn't go any higher on those adjustors.

Ollie's Silver Cup
I don't see why it would be sitting so low over the tyre

I've got mine set about half way down on the adjustment and the backs sitting like this...

4441532766_0014dccf3c.jpg

Roll the lip on the inside of the arch up a bit so there is no more scrubbing, you can't really raise that any higher without making it dangerous.

Da

Less
What's the offset of the wheels though?

Could run 195 tyres to give extra clearance.

172 cup
had same problem on one of my mk1's had to drop down 5mm on the profile of the tyre, in your case down to a 40 profile

Da

Less
I think the OZ Superleggera will probably be ET37, meaning the tyres sit about 6/7mm too far out on each side.

Right, firstly thanks to all who posted. I have found the issue, after having annoying removed my back arch liners, (NOT that they do f**k all anyway as there was shitloads of crud behind them.)

Basically my damper settings at the rear were on 27/42 (towards hard), this turned out to be WAY WAY too much, so much so it stopped the rear springs lifting the car back up, i.e once the car got pushed down the suspension never returned to its origional height.

I noticed this, due to having jacked the rear up and then putting it down and the weight of the car didnt really depress the springs much and there was massive clearence on the arches.

So i opened the boot and me and my mrs jumped around a bit harshly, and they went right down but didnt return. I got under the car, released the dampers to 12/42 and then did the same the car returned to a clearence of 2.5cm between the arche and the wheel, (plenty compared to having it 1cm below).

Been out for a spirited drive now, car handles like its on rails and the ride is much much better, u dont feel every tiny lump in the road like before but sitll the handling is amazing.

Thats worked for me, so i thought id post it here.

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
you said you're runnin 205/45 r17 tyres? if so they're too big, have a look at what k-tec are selling for 17" wheels (195/40 r 17)
stock you are 195/45 r16 so for 17 you'll need a 40 profile with the same width.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I had the same Gaz Gold kit FYI the shocks dont seem to like to run to low as my rear leaked after 2 years and one of the fronts pissed out all of its oil after about the same ammount of time :( Great kit though.