ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help me 2 choose quality de-cat

As above, ne1 help me 2 choose on a good quality de-cvat pipe that make my phase 1 16v clio sound nicer and at the same time giv it few extra bhp?

Wat sort of bhp should i get by putting 1 of these on?

Quote: Originally posted by Ben P on 01 August 2003
not being funny dude but its just a piece of pipe.buy the cheapest!

secod that comment

(ex-2.0 Hybrid)CorradoVR6

I think iam going for the k tec silicenced one. The unsilenced is about £50ish silenced is £70.

a read on the k-tec site they fit on2 ne of there s/s exhausts, wil they fit on2 standard exhaust?? al i have is a janspeed backbox wae a standard exhaust, nuthin fancy!

if not much moddin needed?

Quote: Originally posted by bambam on 01 August 2003

Quote: Originally posted by Ben P on 01 August 2003

not being funny dude but its just a piece of pipe.

buy the cheapest!

secod that comment

i third that comment - your talking about a couple of inches of metal drain pipe - buy the one that costs u least money.

Clio 197

just make one yourself, that what im doing for my RT, get 2 flanges from the scrappy a bit of straight pipe and weld, will cos bout £20 at the most!

outcome should be that your car revs better, may release a coupl of bhp and will probably make the exhaust louder.

Your car wont be road legal without a cat though, so come MOT time you need to put it back on.

all cars after april 1992 had to have a cat fitted. If your car was built after this date it needs one to pass MOT (though there has been debate on this, with some people saying that as long as it passes emissions it doesnt need one, but I am not sure about that)

My old corsa passed its mot and i had a de-cat pipe on it but the weird thing was it failed the emmissions test but stil passed the mot!

Wel they did give me a certificate sayin PASS, oh well who cares its sold now!