ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help Me Choose a new Mac

Mercedes
Right i want a new mac and im not sure what to get:

MBP/AIR/MINI Mac

It will only be using it to hold the I Tunes Library (i dont think the MBA, would have enough memory) and the odd bit of Excel/Word work. I was thinking that the Mini Mac, attaching it to the TV and then get the mouse and keyboard for £80.00.

I Don't really need another laptop, as for surfing i use the Ipad 2 (that's the main reason I don't think I need a laptop as that's been gathering dust since I got the pad)

Am I overlooking something, maybe the desktop? The only problem with that is that it would stay in the spare room and I don’t think I would use it lots.

Another question can you use ATV2 and Mini Mac on the same TV(assuming I have enough HDMI ports)

Rav4
Any of them will do.

Mac mini's are great, very powerful, shame they got rid of the DVD drive (my point of view)

ATV2 is good, you can jailbreak it and use Plex and or XBMC.

You can use both the ATV2 and Mac Mini on your TV, at the same time. Why would you want to do that though, I would just have the Mac Mini running Plex for the movies and have the ATV2 in your bedroom or else where.

Sounds like your iPad is acting as your laptop.

I would not want to use the TV as a monitor replacement though, that would be annoying and not great for the eyes.

You could always use your iPhone/iPad as your mouse/keyboard.

Last edited: