ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help me decide? - Logo/watermark

Dan...

ClioSport Club Member
Firstly - Happy New Year everyone!

I'm going to really make a go of my photography this year so I am currently in the processes of creating a website. With this in mind I would like to hear people's opinions on the below logo/watermark ideas.

I wanted the design to be a logo for my website as well as a watermark for my images. I want the design to be Simple, Modern and look professional.

Here are a few I have come up with:
11683241304_3f0e37a889_c.png

Logo 1 by Dan Jenks, on Flickr

11682875835_340349554e.png

Logo 2 by Dan Jenks, on Flickr

11682875825_6d9ea0f26a.png

Logo 3 by Dan Jenks, on Flickr

11682875795_10b7f637cb.png

Logo 4 by Dan Jenks, on Flickr

11683651366_64db8fe2df.png

Logo 5 by Dan Jenks, on Flickr

Be as honest as you'd like - I appreciate they are probably not that great!
Thanks Dan

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
No.4 for me also. Have you considered maybe turning the circle into a lense shutter/apperture graphic as it's a bit more photography specific than just a circle.

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
I'm not blown away by any of them if I'm honest. Have you considered having it professionally designed?

Dan...

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers guys - number 4 is my personal favorite and I did think about having the circle more of a lens however my attempts failled. I think I will have another go at it though

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
I’m not overly keen on any of them really; No.3 has the most potential, just lose the circle and then have a play with the lettering, the Sans Serif font always looks the best.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
I've just had a quick go at another option for you, please don't be offended I was just bored and fancied something slightly creative. Not added any colour in yet (click to view it bigger).

Screen Shot 2014-01-01 at 16.25.42.png

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
^That’s quite nice. I’ve seen some similar to that that work well.

I’d avoid making it too elaborate, otherwise it obtrudes on the image.

Dan...

ClioSport Club Member
I've just had a quick go at another option for you, please don't be offended I was just bored and fancied something slightly creative. Not added any colour in yet (click to view it bigger).

I really like that Ben thank you, it is a lot more specific to photography which is obviously important - Would you mind if I used that as a starting point and adapt it slightly?

I know you haven't asked for people to do their own. But I'm bored and just did this.

danjenks.png

Nice and simple; could work. Just tone down the opacity so it's not massively in your face.

(Obviously just the text, the background is just a random image)

Dan...

ClioSport Club Member
So with @Ben- assistance I have slightly amended the design as follows:

I like the font used in 1. but I am unsure if it works with the rest of the text so 2. is probably better.
11690425083_456aa8a11c.png

Logo6 by Dan Jenks, on Flickr

This one can be used as the logo for my site and 3. could be the watermark for the images?
11690425133_5c6c06a057.png

Logo7 by Dan Jenks, on Flickr

(Still needs slight adjustments)
11690185545_a5d52d3418.png

Watermarktest1 by Dan Jenks, on Flickr

Better than the first 5?

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
A lot better, how about bringing in those frame marks to a more rectangular shape that boxes the lettering, so like the last one just those corner marks are closer to the edges of the lettering?

Dan...

ClioSport Club Member
A lot better, how about bringing in those frame marks to a more rectangular shape that boxes the lettering, so like the last one just those corner marks are closer to the edges of the lettering?

Thanks Niall, I agree it needs to be more rectangular - I'll have another play tomorrow.

I've also had another idea with a similar style so I will also give that a try!

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Sorry - had to fella :)

Please feel free to disregard lol

Watermarking & logos are a very personal thing and I fully understand how difficult it is to choose!

I spent ages on mine, font, size etc. Then deciding how to watermark my images took ages and a lot of attempts to get to what I wanted.

I had previous intances where I just had a logo in the corner and people were just using the images or cropping that bit out, so in the end my watermark is:

11652583353_ff8df9cb23_c.jpg