ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help me find Mint 172 please!

clio 1.4 petrol
Hey guys looking to buy a clio 172 ph2 in a few months perhaps. Just wondered wat colour you reckon i should go for, and if anyone can find me a low milage one at a decent price thanx.

Burgandy 174 sport t
flame red is quite rare and imo is one of the best along with Black but they seem to be common as muck then Monaco blue for me. Much u got to spend?

defo gunna b difficult to find a very good example ....also depends on money .

wasn't there a thread of a mint silver 172 only done 3k miles ...but 9grand a bit optomistic .

flame red dude they clean up lovely and you dont see many. Hard to find tho as it took me 4 months to fine mine in the condition i wanted (mint)

how much you spending?

Personally, I'd rather have a 172 with average miles (or just below) than one that has only covered 10-20k tbh. Cars that are used daily and maintained as they should be, are more reliable than cars that are sat about for long periods of time.
I managed to get a black 2002 172, which the only defect visually are some kerb marks on the wheels, which had done 40k for £5800 (from dealer).
People seem to get hung up on the mileage, and think a 20k car is better than 40-50k, but it depends what it was used for. Mine was used for motorway driving. I'd take that over a 20k car used for 5 mile trips anyday!!

clio 1.4 petrol
not sure abour budget maybe around 6 or 7 maxim only 18 and buying the car outright. Been saving up... my 1.4 clio mk2 ph1 is due for renewal in few months so ill have 1 years no claims and got a not bad quote for 172 so hopefully fingers crossed I can find one. Is Monaco blue nice in 172?

clio 1.4 petrol
ye im definately prepared to wait and get a flame red one or a monaco blue one. S if you guys spot any please drop me a pm. I have yet to decide on cup or ff tho :S. At moment im slightly towards half leather, xenons and air con and ABS tho i have to admit. Wat you guys reckon? I reckon flame red car with some superturismo wrc wheels will be ideal.

clio 1.4 petrol
ye i sorry i was meaning monaco blue or flame red ff or just normal blue cup im deciding between lol. Doh!

my monaco blue is for sale dude, but its in N.Ireland heres a link
ps it will have timing belt done and aux belt by time of selling....just saving the money to get it done :-(

its on piston heads i can post a link if you like

Fiesta ST
im in 2 minds about selling mine, flame red 51 plate, done 45k, just been serviced, 6 mth tax, MOT, new cat back exhaust. could go for right offer.

abit far away tho

Personally, I'd rather have a 172 with average miles (or just below) than one that has only covered 10-20k tbh. Cars that are used daily and maintained as they should be, are more reliable than cars that are sat about for long periods of time.
besides as soon as you start sticking milage on the car you knacker it's resale valuehave a look around as there's some real bargains to be had - picked up my 172 last week for £3.5k with FRSH and 65k milesjust done the timing belt service and a few other bits and bobs, will be looking to get rid in a few weeks once my 205 gets rebuilt if you are interested...