ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help ME

when driving my this morning the engine lost power and the oil light camne on then the batt light i was coasting the car at the time so i brought the clutch up thinking the engine had jus stalled, this just slowed the car down quickly to a stop, when trying to start the engine again it jus turned over and nothing happened the engine is on about 128k but seems to have been running good till this. the car wont start now but i car smell petrol when i try to start it, and it wasnt out off oil. any1 got any ideas? i currently am thinking this is an electrical fault? please help me.....

Right, it could be a number of things - some worse than others. My car does EXACTLY THE SAME THING

1)it could be that your cam belt has snapped and so the engine wont start - thats what happened with mine. You will then need to replace the head which is a job and a half unless you get some help (lets hope its not that!)

2) It could be a leak in your water cooling system hence the cut out coz ure engine is over heating.

I thought it was electric when mine went but i very much doubt that it is mate - check ure water level and make sure its good - check ure sparks, and if all else fails, get he head off the thing and see if ure cam belt has snapped.

Hope this helps! ;)

the water system seems to be fine, the engine is turning over so i thought it wouldnt be belt, would it still turn over with the belt snapped? its in the garasge now, but to ease my mind id like to know if any1 has any opinions

wouldnt even start if ure belt was snapped mate! U could have a fuel pressure problem then mate - or u may have been rite - it could just be ure immobiliser - did the little box with a zig zag line come on when it stopped?

no unordinary lights came on and i think i no the one you on bout on dash that didnt light up, and my imobilisor wont let the car even turn over, if i can smell petrol i would have thought that it would still be getting enough to start? when i get this sorted i can sort my membership out, but no point is i gonna set the car alight =(

noooooo! car wont set on fire mate - this may sound really stupid but bare with me - if my car is unlocked for more than five mins and the engine isnt turned on, i have to lock and unlock the car again before the immobiliser will let the engine start. My alarm isnt standard tho and it came as a real surprise to me! It could be that but it really would be the absoloute best scenario! Try locking and then unlocking it and try again - it wont work probably but im runnin outa ideas!!!!! :confused:

no i had the car for comin 2 yrs i would have realised it by now, and i gone back to it several times n tried. n i ment ill set fire to it if it dont work. insurance

Well found out my cam belt snapped, does any1 have any ideas for me on what to do now eg. pay for new engine or rebuild it myself? i been offered a lower milage 19 16v straight swap but keep me wheels, dunno how definate it is tho is this worth it? thanx mike