ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help me

Clio Sport 172

hi just fought i wuld ask but i have a clio x reg 1.6rsi 16v today while poodleing though traffic though southend i stop at sum traffic lites. Then as i pull away my car changed into a 1.2 it was sluggish and went to stall the whole enjine just shakes.

every now and then it wants to go then it just slows down again spoke to a few people said it could b injectors and a few others say it could b a number of sensors in the enjine. Does n e one have n e idea wat it could b or if sum ones had the same trouble thought i wuld ask b 4 i book it in for a dignostic test

cheers

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

sounds like one of the pencil ing coils is at fault.there is one coil per cylinder and their a commen failure point.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

about £40 a coil.really old coils can still be replaced under warranty so i would check with your local dealer.

Clio Sport 172

yer they want anything up to 60 pound to put it on the dignosic machine but my dads freind sais he will check it then i pay 4 parts and labour but if its only 40 quid then ll pay it but ll get it checked first

cheers

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

there is a tech note which has a fab range on it.coils within this fab range are normally replaced for free.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

there is a number on each coil.any coil with a number before 1-094(sometimes written the other way round,094-1)is faulty and could be replaced for free. for example 2-243 is after the range so not applicable but 0-342 is before so would be in the range and may be replaced for free.if your unsure what i mean post the coil number and i will tell you if its in the faulty range or not.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

you can get the number.pull off the plastic engine sheild/cover if it has one(unclip from the front and slides out towards you from the back).between the inlet manifold ports on the top of the cylinder head you will see 4 stumpy things(1 between each port)with some wiring going to each one.these stumpy things are coils.look on the sides of them and you should see a number.get the number off each coil,post it up and i will tell you if there faulty or not.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

their in the faulty range because there before 094-1.contact your local dealer and see what say.tell them that youve been told the coils are in a faulty range on a renault tech note and see where that gets you.cant remember the note number off the top of my head.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

yes.the 270 is the batch number and the 0 is the year.so 270-0 is batch 270 made in the year 2000.they were obviously made before batch 094 in the year 2001.do you see what i mean?

Clio Sport 172

oh yer i get ya so shall i ring them tomorow

ive got my car goin in tomorow to have it checked out shall i ring them while its in there? thats in another garage not a renault one

Clio Sport 172

they said they may b the faulty batch just checking now but they wil not replase them for free as my cars not under warrenty?

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

you can sometimes get them changed even if the manufactures warranty has run out.the fab number is definatly in the faulty range.give renault customer services a ring and moan about it and they might stump up for the cost.