ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help.... Misfire issue,

Clio 172 Cup
Hi All,
My 172 has recently developed a misfire. Some days it is worse than others but when it decides to play up it is terrible.

I have changed the spark plugs for the NGK recommended ones and OEM HT leads. I dont really want to splash out on a coil pack as well from reading other threads people say it could be a coil pack and or a dodgy injectors.

Would anyone in the Essex area be willing to let me try there working coil pack?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

​Steve

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Its a sticky injector I expect. Easy to test, start the car, then unplug the power cable going to each injector 1 at a time, reconnecting each one every time. If you find that when you unplug 1 it makes no difference, then its likely to be that injector that need replacing (as you have changed everything else already). Just to make sure its not he coil pack, pull off the HT lead going to the said cylinder and see if its producing a spark when held close to the coil pack, if so then its very likely to be the injector, if not then its the coil pack.

Clio 172 Cup
Its a sticky injector I expect. Easy to test, start the car, then unplug the power cable going to each injector 1 at a time, reconnecting each one every time. If you find that when you unplug 1 it makes no difference, then its likely to be that injector that need replacing (as you have changed everything else already). Just to make sure its not he coil pack, pull off the HT lead going to the said cylinder and see if its producing a spark when held close to the coil pack, if so then its very likely to be the injector, if not then its the coil pack.

Thank you for the advice i will have a go at this.

Pm my mate lee, his username is hybrid beeson and is in pitsea he might have one

Thanks mate, I will drop him a PM. :)

Last edited by a moderator: