ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help my headache

2004 clio 182
Hi, I have an extremely loud exhaust fitted, toyosport rear box and de cat pipe, i thought it was blowing its that loud but after a good inspection this afternoon I've found no leaks it's just LOUD.

Does anyone have any tips on how to quieten it down, I've put some sound deadening in the boot but it's still extremely loud and boomy.

I thought about removable baffles ( like in my motorbike exhaust ) but there must be a cheaper way.

if I can't quieten it down I shall have to change to either the standard exhaust or try and find a cheep second hand ( quieter ) system.

thanks
mark

2005 Clio 182
Sponge in the end of it. Try it ;). Its a pita the cats are so expensive. Decats are the devils work. About to fit one myself :/

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
A decent exhaust place should be able to open the box and add more 'stuff' to make it quieter, or add a resonator of some sort to the system? THe standard cat probably won't make all that much difference I wouldn't have thought.

2004 clio 182
I've been very lucky to pick up a cheep original exhaust so I'm gonna try chopping and changing bits till I get a decent level of noise. I'm hoping changing the straight through middle box back to standard will be enough and I can keep the rear as is. I'd guesstimate 3-5db would be enough of a reduction to stop my ears bleeding lol