ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help my wheels wont clean!!

What is the best wheel cleaner to use?

At the moment, iam having trouble getting the dust removed between the spokes in the corners, it seems to be stuck in the pours of the wheel

I have 172 cup wheels

I had that with the same wheels...could always get a valeter round, they normally use industrial strength stuff. My guy normally cleans HGVs so he has some powerful shiznit. Then you can just ask what he uses and get him to get you some...

-Rob

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

When my wheels seem to get like that i get my car valeted. God knows what they use but they come back immaculate

Weeman sucks ****

I use comma wheels cleaner, find it better than wonder wheels and its in a spray so you dont need to use those poncy brushes. then get a stiff washing up brush and that should work.

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport

I used some Turtle wax extreme wheel cleaner on mine the weekend and theyve come up like new.

Just be careful not to let the wind blow it in your eye like I did as it contains Hydrochloric acid and stings like a b**ch.

Wonder wheels, but dont use too often, and DONT get it on your paintwork.

Best bet is, when you do get them clean, wax them. It will help stop stuff sticking in the first place.

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by chris182 on 11 May 2005

Wonder wheels, but dont use too often, and DONT get it on your paintwork.

Best bet is, when you do get them clean, wax them. It will help stop stuff sticking in the first place.
agreed

Quote: Originally posted by CupCake on 11 May 2005

Its a good plan. Brasso works nicely on un-damaged metal surfices MB.
Will everyone stop using me to clean their wheels;)

Use wonder wheels instead!!

05 1.2 Dynamique

I used turtle wax extreme wheel cleaner then two coats of extreme wheel wax and a week later when i came round to cleaning it the brake dust didnt need more than a sponge and water to come off! i wasnt expecting it to work that well!

Mini Cooper S sport

Quote: Originally posted by CupCake on 11 May 2005

Its a good plan. Brasso works nicely on un-damaged metal surfices MB.
It also worked a treat on the 2.0 16v badges!

Ive used Wilkos alloy wheel cleaner. Inexpensive and seems to do the job a treat - even on my girlfriends cars wheels - which she leaves to accumulate brake dust deposits for weeks!

I would be wary about using other stuff that isnt designed for the job. It may seem ok at first, but it could damage the lacquer and you could face bubbling and other problems weeks down the line (Ive seen it happen!).

I use Wonder Wheels as well, but it only seems to last for a few days and then they go dull again.

Why cant you get Wonder Wheels on your paintwork?

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport

Quote: Originally posted by SamBWFC on 11 May 2005

I use Wonder Wheels as well, but it only seems to last for a few days and then they go dull again.

Its probably acid like the Turtle wax stuff, I just make sure I wash down the wheels and surronding bodywork with plenty of water.

Quote: Originally posted by SamBWFC on 11 May 2005

Corrosives + Paintwork = sore head and swearing.