ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help Needed ASAP

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
My mates dad has a 2001 Clio and has just hosed it down to wash it. He's then tried to start the car and just got the continuous trying of the engine to start with no results. However, when removing the key, the lights on the dashboard (including STOP, Battery and Oil) remain on! The central locking button on the keyfob ceases to work anymore and the central locking itself is non existent. Does anyone know what could have happened so I can explain to him how to fix it? Any help would be very much appreciated.

Ta :)

300bhp MR2 Turbo
Sounds like he's just got water in the electrics. Let it dry out for a while and try again before panicing too much.
Did he hose down the engine bay?

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
No Matt, dont think so. I was just going to my house and he asked if I knew anything about Clio's. Having owned a 182 I had a look and did actually suggest he let it dry out and try again later. Bit odd how the dash stayed lit without the key. Thanks bud. :)

300bhp MR2 Turbo
Water causes all sorts of problems and intermitted faults.
It's when it gets into light clusters that it gets funny!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Matt16v said:
Water causes all sorts of problems and intermitted faults.
It's when it gets into light clusters that it gets funny!

Yeah I thought that when it told me the one about the two nuns going to a strip club. Hehe.
Cheers Matt, you will be rewarded in Heaven. Or some other form of Karma stuff...