ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help Needed! I Think its bad...

FF Clio 182
not really, you need allot more stuff to do a bottom end build. head off ect. so gaskets/ bolts and what not all add up! new engine and throw a timing kit on. job done

Rentech got an engine on 40k would it be ok to stick a new cam and aux belt and leave the dephaser or get it all done ? What else should I do as the engine is off

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
tbh, if you got that engine and got dan to fit it, ask him what he thinks should be done. doubtful dan would rip you off saying this, this and that.

but it makes sence if the engine going in , is currently out, whack a timing kit + dephaser and such on, then you have god knows how long of trouble free motoring for years.

its up to you mate, you'll get mixed opinions from everyone.

dan knows more than me about F4R's. so your bet is safer in his hands rather than mine :)

FF Clio 182
tbh, if you got that engine and got dan to fit it, ask him what he thinks should be done. doubtful dan would rip you off saying this, this and that.

but it makes sence if the engine going in , is currently out, whack a timing kit + dephaser and such on, then you have god knows how long of trouble free motoring for years.

its up to you mate, you'll get mixed opinions from everyone.

dan knows more than me about F4R's. so your bet is safer in his hands rather than mine :)

Yeah think going down that route would be best. As engine out going to get all belts done and new clutch. Going to cost more but would be better in the long run.