ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help needed on dash lights?

ph1 clio 172,v6,r5 turbo
got my engine back in my early 172.put a new aux belt on it and a new alternator from renault and when i started the car the battery light is still on? any ideas? also the red stop light is on? :(

ph1 clio 172,v6,r5 turbo
how can i check?
i got the belt on with the tensioner fitted.with the bottom roller off and the alternator as loose as poss.put the bottom pully on and then leaved the alterntor up so i could get the top bolt in?

172 cup'd extreme
They aint plugged the alternator connector back in the dimwhits, its a small plug with one wire coming off the loom with the battery live feed near the alternator.

ph1 clio 172,v6,r5 turbo
i put the engine in myself and ive got the 2 wires coming of the alternator.the large red power cable and that small plug with just the 1 wire coming off it.there is a small spade connecter coming out the new alternator that wasnt on the last 1.could it be that?