ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help needed pleeeease...

1.6 focus zetec....
I've got a bit of a rattling noise coming from the front when the clutch is disengaged and when i engage the clutch it goes again.

I dont have any problems with selecting a gear or anything so im hoping its nothing in that region.

Any ideas?? My mate mentioned clutch release bearing??

Cheers

ValverInBits
clutch release bearings tend to wine, but I think your mate is probably on the money there. big labour job.

1.6 focus zetec....
Been to 2 garages today and theyre saying its not the clutch release bearing cause the noise would be when i've got the clutch pressed in if its that but they couldn't really tell me what it was 'cos the sound isnt all the time.

Any other ideas??

2000X 172
I had similar .. .. .. noisy clutch when the pedal was depressed .. .. .. .. today I've got clutch pedal vibration and that can only mean one thing .. .. .. .. .. .. .. ah well 110k miles on one clutch isn't bad for me.

Yours could be like mine - on it's way out

Lionel Richie
if the noise goes away when you press the pedal its the bearing, nothing too major to worry about

Lots of Alfas
As above, it should last until you are due a clutch change where a new clutch kit (inc bearing) will sort it.

1.6 focus zetec....
I had the clutch changed about 4 months ago though. The garage that did it says that you have to request to have the bearing changed as the clutch comes in 3 parts now and not as a whole unit

BMW M135i
Focus at a guess, had a mondeo which did this lasted another 10k or so before it was sold and it was fine up to that point. Was more of a whine than a rattle though, would've thought a rattle was more progessed tbh.