ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help needed random hesiation

ly 182
my clio 182 has developed a random hesitation that only happens now and again roughly on 3k in 3rd or 3k in 4th new ht leads ,coil pack and ngk laser line plugs recently changed any other idea what could be making this occur?

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I had the same thing off and on when one of my injectors was on the way out, didnt do anything about it as it was so infrequent...until it only ran on 3!

ly 182
yeah mate just cost me just under £60 :L I remember when spark plugs use to be only about £4 a plug lol

Last edited:
Is it when it's just warming up?

Sorry to jump in, but mine's got a big hesitation under light throttle when cold, up to 3k revs. It doesn't do it when it's warm, but it is down on power, and doesn't 'kick' at 5k. Plugs, leads, coilpack, and lambda sensor are all new, oe items.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Sorry to jump in, but mine's got a big hesitation under light throttle when cold, up to 3k revs. It doesn't do it when it's warm, but it is down on power, and doesn't 'kick' at 5k. Plugs, leads, coilpack, and lambda sensor are all new, oe items.

​Same as I had when one of my injectors was on the way out.

​Same as I had when one of my injectors was on the way out.

Thanks for the reply. I've had an injector go before and it was fine one min, dead the next. Still, I guess there's more than one way for something to fail. Somebody else also suggested an injector, so maybe I'll look into the other 3.

​Sorry again to the op for the hi-jack :eek:

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
would this bring up a light or the dash and did you know when it was running on 3 due to misfire or etc

Had a light when it totally went and a fault logged which I had the RAC read for me as I didn't have anything to do it myself at the time, was then just a case of finding the injector by unplugging them one by one.

ly 182
Just went out for a drive seems fine when car is warm but I'll just keep my eye on it for the next couple of days thanks for the help much appreciated

106GTI / NovaC20LET
You shouldn't be trying to blitz it from cold anyway, probably the reason it's fucked. Oil on a cool day can easily take 20mins to warm up, you will be murdering your internals.

ly 182
I never rev it hard from cold she she started for 10 minutes before I drive it don't go past 3k until its at least upto temperture for at least 15 minutes just the otherday being in a rush I went up the box exceding just over 3k in 4th on accident and noticed the hesitation there

Lotus Elise

Who did your Cambelt?