ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help needed with clutch!!

Black Gold 182
Hi all, my 182 has always had a heavy clutch and a high bite since I bought it. However now the clutch is extremely On/Off, there is the tinyest movement in the pedal between the clutch not biting at all, and then suddenly biting hard, pulling off is a bit of a nightmare but once I'm moving it's not too bad.

Is it new clutch time or could it possibly be the cable or something else? I have never felt the clutch slip EVER, it bites so strong it almost stalls if I'm not really gentle letting it out in first gear. It's just like nothing...nothing...nothing...BITE!

Any help greatly appreciated!

2005 Clio 182 FF
Im new to the 182 but mine is very similar. Very little between just biting and fully engaged making stop/start traffic a pain, the bite is low on mine though so I don't think it is wore out. My old Scooby used to be the same so I assumed its just a heavy duty clutch with strong springs.

Would like to hear other more experienced thoughts on the matter though.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Hi all, my 182 has always had a heavy clutch and a high bite since I bought it. However now the clutch is extremely On/Off, there is the tinyest movement in the pedal between the clutch not biting at all, and then suddenly biting hard, pulling off is a bit of a nightmare but once I'm moving it's not too bad.

Is it new clutch time or could it possibly be the cable or something else? I have never felt the clutch slip EVER, it bites so strong it almost stalls if I'm not really gentle letting it out in first gear. It's just like nothing...nothing...nothing...BITE!

Any help greatly appreciated!

Sounds like a worn clutch Kingy720 but if you fancy bringing it in i'll gladly confirm/deny this for you by checking the rachet and cable for you. We're based in Long Eaton which is just off J25 of the M1

Mick
www.DiamondMotors.co.uk

Black Gold 182
Strange one this... My Exhaust was badly blowing from the cat/manifold joint for a month or so while I was waiting for my new rs 192 to turn up. Got it fitted along with a decat and all new mounts yesterday and now the clutch is weirdly a lot better? :S

The clutch stil bites high and there is stil very little travel at the biting point, but the power low down is a lot smoother making pulling off a lot easier and it seems to bite a little sooner, Really strange as I know changing the exhaust would make absolutly no difference to the clutch whatsoever but it now genuianly feels a lot smoother pulling off and the clutch feels better :S

Thanks a lot for the offer MicKPM, I never realised you were so close!

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Yeah we get a few from Leicester chap and I'm normally seen around Beaumont Leys as the in laws live there.

The offer is still there though with this or any issues you may have so just drop me a line if you have any questions