ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help needed with insurance!

Ph1 172

Does anyone know of a really cheap insurance company that will be willing to quote me on a 172 cup. my details are:-

aged 19

been driving two years

1 years ncb.

car always garaged

mum & dad on policy (both maxium ncb)

10000 miles a year

The cheapest quote ive had so far is £2475 from elephant.co.uk which is taking the p*ss!

Ive never had an accident or claim, or even a speeding ticket

CAN ANYBODY HELP!

£986 Fully Comp. with Adrian Flux but I am 22 with 4 years ncb and 3 points. If youre after instant online quotes go to http://www.thisismoney.co.ukwww.thisismoney.co.uk and have a look at their insurance section, you can get over 50 companies quotes instantly. Personally Id call the companies as they tend to do a better deal than online quotes.

GW Clio 200

That is about the best your going to get unfortunately..but dont give up!!

My sister is the same age, ncb but only been driving one year.. she had similar quotes. She wanted my Cup but could not afford the insurance on it.

Use http://www.confused.comwww.confused.com I recommend this to everyone, it has always given me the best quotes.

And try to stick a female on your insurance too if you can, especially an older female Mum Aunt Sister etc etc it always helps lower the insurance cost IMO

good luck...

Sounds like a decient price that soory to say.

Im 3yrs older than you with one claims and they want £1800 for the privaliage.

Best try the companies in the back of max power etc but you may have difficulites regard payment in the event of a crash.

My insurance: £3100 on a Cup

2 Claims

No NCB

4 points

Called round the same as I do each year. Churchill/Prudential I found good as they only take you 21+ and at least 1 yrsNCB... but the would not insure me on the Cup, I had to be 25+

Eventually DirectLine was cheapest for me. I always ring round via phone, choose the company to go with, then sign up on their internet site and get 5%-10% off for signing up over the net.

I dont think you get a different deal if you ring round on the phone or use the net. But on the net you will get 5% off at least for cutting out the middle man.

GW Clio 200

You must have money to fecking waste..

I would rather have a 1.2 and know that my ass isnt being ripped out by the insurance companies.

Waste, no. Saved up, yes. Was bored with the Xreg 1.4Si... always wanted a 172, in fact always wanted a V6... one day, one day.

I did lose 10 months NCB though. Churchill who I was with at the time of ending insurance with them and starting new one for the Cup wouldnt let me take 10 months no claims with me... they said you gotta do a full yar or nothing... damn thats mean.

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by Nathan H on 10 April 2004

Does anyone know of a really cheap insurance company that will be willing to quote me on a 172 cup. my details are:-

aged 19

CAN ANYBODY HELP!

Try the CIS as they like young people

Meggy225

I rang the CIS today and Im the same age with same NCB and they wouldnt quote me, declined they said!

They quoted me £2100 on my 1.2 extreme!