ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP NEEDED

OK! Basically i bought my 172 cup about a month ago now, when i bought it they told me it had full service history and was mechanically sound!
HOWEVER!
when picking up the car i was told that the service books were in the admin dept and as it was a sunday they couldnt get to them so they would post them out, after a few heated conversations with the area manager we discovered the car actually has no service history!
also after close inspection it seems that the car may have sat in flood water as there is silt on the subframe and the bottom of the car doors and panels have been resprayed there are a few other minor things wrong with it too oh and the exhaust fell off yesterday afternoon!
now i know what u think typical bird buyin a car but these are things i wouldnt have found until puttin it on a ramp!
now i need some advice on what i should do as the sales guys just dont take me seriously just see me as some dumb blonde!:eek:
so any help would be much apreciated!

1.2 16V Dynamique
Did you get it from a dealer/Renault dealer?

There a certain laws the dealers have to obey and in them i think they have to tell you everything about the car and cant tell no porkies etc. If they told you it has a full service history and it does not you have everyright to kick up a fuss as they are breaking the law.

Dunno what the process would be after that though. Whether you ask for a discount and get some money back or return the car completly and look for another elsewhere.

Defintly take a friend or they will continue to try and intimidate/gang up on you just to save them some hassle.

That is f**king ridiculous, you really need to make sure they sort that out for you!! Do make sure you take a bloke with you, preferably someone who has half an idea about cars. You could take it to a local garage and ask if they'd be kind enough to go to the garage with you and explain what they have found!! If they keep refusing straight to do anything about it then you MUST report it to trading standards!! They have effectively sold you something which isnt as they advertised!!! My experience of ALL car salespeople, whether used or new is that they are all f**king tossers who pretend to be your best friend and say they'll do anything, in reality they are usually complete wasters who cant think of anything more productive to do, and they rarely (if ever) help!!

the guy didnt have a clue about cars full stop coz my cup has got climate control which i've been told is fairly rare but he never picked up on that told me that all of them have it as standard . and when i asked him the difference between the cup and 172 he didnt have a clue, told me they were the same just different model names.luckily i knew a bit b4 i went.i guess i should have stopped there but i was in a rush to get a car and it was the only one within 40 miles that i could find as i have got it on finance i needed it to be a garage. i got it from a stoneacre dealership in peterborough!

i had a meeting with the area manager he turned up in his jeans and t shirt and was so rude turned round and said "well its got an mot so what else do you need" when i asked about service history
they are all just a bunch of cowboys

Formally Clio 182
Whos the dealer? Maybe you should warn us who it is?

I get my Clio 182 tommorow, so i'll have to double check all this.

Personally with your situation, i wouldnt speak to a salesmen as once they sell a car, they dont give a s**t but take it up with a manager instead.

WELL I GOT MY CAR ON THE RAMP AND THE HEAD GASKET IS LEAKING THE BACKBOX WAS RUSTY AS HELL ( WHICH HAS NOW FALLEN OFF), THE CLUTCH IS MAKING A STRANGE NOISE HOWEVER THE DEALER TOOK IT BACK IN AND BASICALLY TOLD ME THAT NONE OF THOSE PROBLEMS EXISTED! QUITE TEMPTED TO POST MY BACK BOX TO THEM!:mad: :mad: :mad:
I HAD TO GET UNDER MY CAR IN THE MIDDLE OF A MAIN ROAD AND CUT MY BACK BOX OFF AS IT WAS DRAGGING ALONG THE FLOOR NEARLY RIPPING MY REAR BUMPER OFF AND BANGING AGAINST MY REAR WHEEL! :eek:

take it back , id they dont accept it , tell them you're going to trading standards and the local papers too . get in touch with a solicitor too .

you dont have to accept the car in that state .

stop been soft and kick up a fuss, get back there tomorrow and dont leave until its sorted out.

Personally id drive it straight through their showroom window, that'll get their attention..

have got it on finance

not sure if anyone else has said this as didnt read whole thread, but as you have it on finance take the complaint via the finance company as theoretically they own the car! I am doing this currently and its really made the dealer sit up and take notice! What you need to tell the finance company is that you were mis-sold the car. Thats the most important phrase you can use to get this sorted!

i know people are telling you to take it back, but are they actually obliged to take it back??im not sure

i would be absolutely fuming, dont think i would be able to keep my cool

have you been in there with a bloke yet?

yeah took my boyfriend with me in all fairness i should have taken him with me to buy but i wanted to do it myself, he is fuming as he is the one that discovered all of this when he put it on the ramps but at the moment he is in the states and i cant bring myself to go in there on my own!

M

mini-valver

Take your dad. Throw them the keys, tell them to fix it or you'll be hearing from your solicitor, make sure they give you a courtesy car.

Mondeo TDCI 130
yeah took my boyfriend with me in all fairness i should have taken him with me to buy but i wanted to do it myself, he is fuming as he is the one that discovered all of this when he put it on the ramps but at the moment he is in the states and i cant bring myself to go in there on my own!

Seriously! Explain you are not happy, take a male friend / relative with you if your blokes away! tell them the faults it has! and ask then what they intend to do about it!!!!

Mondeo TDCI 130
Good luck! write down the bits you know about, granted if the headgasket is just weeping a bit of oil they may not do anything! if its not pissing out and its not leaking near belts its unlikely to do any harm, what mileage is it on??

Clio 172 Cup
if you don't mind me asking how much did you pay for it?

i'm selling mine, local to you, got 33k with frsh, in very very good nick.

get the car back to them, ring trading standards up, the car seems shagged (sorry to say)

I'm not being funny here at all, but why on earth accept the car & pay for it when you didn't see any service history up front ?
If it were me i'd have put down a deposit on it and got it in writing that it was fully refundable if there was no service history for the car.

I do appreciate that you wanted to do it yourself, but to be honest as (like it sounds) you weren't sure you should have called up the aa/rac and got one of their blokes to come & give it the once over with you (it would have cost you about a ton)

Do you have a warranty on it ?? If not why ?? As as far as i'm aware ALL traders offer a warranty.
If you do have a warranty take it back to them, give them the keys & tell them that you'll not collect it till they sort it out.

Failing all of that (as previously said) report them to the trading standards & go from there.

on the look out
OK! Basically i bought my 172 cup about a month ago now, when i bought it they told me it had full service history and was mechanically sound!
HOWEVER!
when picking up the car i was told that the service books were in the admin dept and as it was a sunday they couldnt get to them so they would post them out, after a few heated conversations with the area manager we discovered the car actually has no service history!
also after close inspection it seems that the car may have sat in flood water as there is silt on the subframe and the bottom of the car doors and panels have been resprayed there are a few other minor things wrong with it too oh and the exhaust fell off yesterday afternoon!
now i know what u think typical bird buyin a car but these are things i wouldnt have found until puttin it on a ramp!
now i need some advice on what i should do as the sales guys just dont take me seriously just see me as some dumb blonde!:eek:
so any help would be much apreciated!

this happened to me when i bought my merc a class . got in touch with trading standards and you have 6 months if something goes wrong even if you buy private or from a stealers. under the sale of goods act 19** the fault was deemed to be there at the time of sale you got them by the balls

XE'd Corsa
what garage in cambridge did u get it, i'll kick off at them 4 ya no worries ;) im very good at things like that pm me if u want help.

Classic Mini Cooper
WELL I GOT MY CAR ON THE RAMP AND THE HEAD GASKET IS LEAKING THE BACKBOX WAS RUSTY AS HELL ( WHICH HAS NOW FALLEN OFF), THE CLUTCH IS MAKING A STRANGE NOISE HOWEVER THE DEALER TOOK IT BACK IN AND BASICALLY TOLD ME THAT NONE OF THOSE PROBLEMS EXISTED! QUITE TEMPTED TO POST MY BACK BOX TO THEM!:mad: :mad: :mad:
I HAD TO GET UNDER MY CAR IN THE MIDDLE OF A MAIN ROAD AND CUT MY BACK BOX OFF AS IT WAS DRAGGING ALONG THE FLOOR NEARLY RIPPING MY REAR BUMPER OFF AND BANGING AGAINST MY REAR WHEEL! :eek:
Mate that sucks! Quite a common problem with back boxes, I didn't have half the dealer probs you are having, however my backbox rusted and fell off twice, so in the end I went for a performance system. As for these pillocks at the dealership, go back in convoy with all of the biggest blokes you know! If that fails take them to trading standards or court.

a thirsty one
perhaps get it hpi checked before you go back as that may show something that can help you with your arguement.

basically dont let them win, they are just hoping you give up. they are in the wrong and if you dont get them to sort all the problems/take the car back you will hate the car and end up getting rid of it.

list all the faults so you dont forget any when in there and as above trading standards next port of call if they dont take the car back.

i've now spoken to the head offie of stoneacre they have told me to send a letter detailing everything that is wrong with the car. i have also spoken with the finance company and trading standards

i've now spoken to the head offie of stoneacre they have told me to send a letter detailing everything that is wrong with the car. i have also spoken with the finance company and trading standards all seems to be gettin sorted now cheers for your help guys x