ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help needed

Mk1 16v 172 hybrid
Hi i would like to see if anyone as had this problem when I set of in 1st gear and put my foot down there is a big loud rattle noise coming from the front I really can't work it out. It doesn't do it when I drive normal.

Mk1 16v 172 hybrid
Yeah but only when you put you foot down when you drive normal nothing.

It feels like a really strong engine I had a 182 and this one feels a stronger engine. Was anything done to it.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Yeah but only when you put you foot down when you drive normal nothing.

It feels like a really strong engine I had a 182 and this one feels a stronger engine. Was anything done to it.
When in my ownership it had Rs lower inlet, prospeed exhaust (still fitted), itg air filter and custom air feeds into the airbox.
The fella listing it on eBay put it down as a cat d but it's a cat c mate. Also, it was me who bought and repaired it!! Damage was to the o/s for reference. Needed a wishbone and a rear beam to fix. Gen Renault wishbones fitted and a 2nd hand beam.
The custom cup badges were done by me as well! Here's what it looked like in my ownership:
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Loved this car and was very sorry to see it go tbh.

Mk1 16v 172 hybrid
When in my ownership it had Rs lower inlet, prospeed exhaust (still fitted), itg air filter and custom air feeds into the airbox.
The fella listing it on eBay put it down as a cat d but it's a cat c mate. Also, it was me who bought and repaired it!! Damage was to the o/s for reference. Needed a wishbone and a rear beam to fix. Gen Renault wishbones fitted and a 2nd hand beam.
The custom cup badges were done by me as well! Here's what it looked like in my ownership:View attachment 128109 View attachment 128110View attachment 128111 View attachment 128112 Loved this car and was very sorry to see it go tbh.
The custom cup badges were done by me as well! Here's what it looked like in my ownership:View attachment 128109 View attachment 128110View attachment 128111 View attachment 128112 Loved this car and was very sorry to see it go tbh.

It's still got same back box but everything else as gone back to standard i have got a load of plans for it.

What you driving now mate you got another clio sport

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
It's still got same back box but everything else as gone back to standard i have got a load of plans for it.

What you driving now mate you got another clio sport
Gutted! Why on earth someone's done that I'll never know! What plans you got for it then mate?

Yeah I've got the cup in my avatar mate. Got a bit of a thread in the Clio media section showing the engine build I'm doing/done.

Mk1 16v 172 hybrid
Gutted! Why on earth someone's done that I'll never know! What plans you got for it then mate?

Yeah I've got the cup in my avatar mate. Got a bit of a thread in the Clio media section showing the engine build I'm doing/done.
I will take a look mate.

Well I was gutted when I got rid of my track car so this is going to be my new track car. Plans are coilovers all pollybushed 2118 wheels stripped inside and just go from there really you know how it gets when you start lol