ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP!!! NEW TYRE ADVICE!!!

Lionel Richie

Currently have Avon ZZ1s not bad, but could be better!!!!!

Any good recommendations??? Where to buy from (currently looking at Toyos from Mytyres.co.uk)

Thanks

Ad

MK2 FRS

Id go with Toyos, not as good as the Goodyear GSD3, but at half the price the difference isnt that much. Im back on Toyo after my standard Contis, and gotta say Im mighty impressed. £41 in 195/45/16 is the cheapest tyre.

Lionel Richie

nangkananangs????? tom its a car not a kung fu film!

im gonna get the toyos then, had them before, reasonable price, wear out after 2000miles but ah well!!!

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Go for Toyos mate...

I had these on my 306 Rallye and although they aint quite as good as the Bridgestone S-02s they replaced, they were still bl00dy good and cost half as much. They also lasted longer!

When the Contis go on my Cup Ill be getting Toyos for this!

Quote: Originally posted by adtmits on 15 October 2003

Id go with Toyos, not as good as the Goodyear GSD3, but at half the price the difference isnt that much. Im back on Toyo after my standard Contis, and gotta say Im mighty impressed. £41 in 195/45/16 is the cheapest tyre.

Where can you get them for £41? I have done 8 k on my Contis and think ill need some new ones within the next 1-2 k. If the GSD3s are really that good id be willing to pay the extra....

Ad

MK2 FRS

In 195/45/16 on mytyres: toyos are £41.6 and the GSD3 is £81.30. The wear rate is similar. The performance whilst better in GSD3 in the wet is better, it really doesnt justify the extra cost in my opinion. In the dry ther really is little difference. Although both have a high wear rate, but better that the Contisports.

fred - you have had toyos before, you know what theyre like

i had them, and you know how i rated them

the only suggestions i have are

goodyear eagle f1
bridgestone potenza s-03

172, Tiguan

^:confused:

The Yokis are far to soft though IMO.

Fred try Micheldiever tyres, cheap as chips especially if your gonna buy 2 or 4. Always busy hence the good prices.

for those of you on a budget but want the performance I would suggest Kumho 712 http://www.kumhousa.comwww.kumhousa.com or Federal SS595 http://www.federaltire.comwww.federaltire.com . I am sure many people would come out and say with Michelin Exaltos, Potenza S-02PP, Goodyear F1,Toyo. Although the Toyo is cheaper than the others they are still very expensive if you are on a budget. You may not have heard of Federal but i strongly suggest you look at the SS595, its a stunning tyre, Im trying to get some for my coupe at the moment. They sell for £64 for 205/45R16...compare that to the other main stream brands.

There is a huge range of tyres on http://www.topgear.co.ukwww.topgear.co.uk they are doing free delivery until the end of October. Ive tried the Potenza S-02PP and i have to say they are a nice tyre but the wear rate and the cost just doesnt justify me buying again.....

no ones mentioned Pirelli PZERO NEROs!! fcking amazing so far, cheap and much much better than toyo and contis.

Si.